• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] I need a disc that will finish right

This is a tough shot to get in the bag/consistent...takes just the right disc @ just the right speed/angle. I feel like the path of less resistance to this line is working the FH up to "passable/adequate."

Best way to learn it IMO is to practice a lot with a Comet/Fuse etc. Anything you can get up to enough speed to turn a good bit, then throw it with hyzer. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

oh yeah ill say if you want something flippier than a gstarrr sw. go dx sidewinder. those things are almost a gaurentee to finish right. and no fade in sight. powered down a notch, they are beautiful hyzer flip machines. such little fade its beautiful

Exactly. Given enough time, the clockwise spin will turn left. But with the right combination of weight and understableness for the arm speed will result in a right flying disc like I said. You can get a RHBH thrown disc to turn right, but it will still never fade (low speed "finish") right. That's what I was trying to clear up with the OP.

Wrong.

Why does my Stingray FINISH right?

Why does my Pro Leopard FINISH right?

Why does my Star Roadrunner FINISH right?

Some discs are made to turn and finish that way without ever fading back.

Wrong.

The key there that you are missing is "given enough time" - translate that to "given enough height". Any disc WILL come back eventually but the argument is moot as on normal golf lines they won't have the height to come back.

Throw that same leo shot off a cliff - before it hits the bottom it'll be coming back.

Wrong.

Given enough height all discs thrown RHBH will finish left. Those discs aren't being thrown with a large enough amount of time.

Granted, for disc golf purposes, you are 100% right. But if I stand on the top of any mountain and throw all discs off RHBH, they will eventually finish left. This excludes rollers?

The key there that you are missing is "given enough time" - translate that to "given enough height". Any disc WILL come back eventually but the argument is moot as on normal golf lines they won't have the height to come back.

Throw that same leo shot off a cliff - before it hits the bottom it'll be coming back.

Hence the OP's phrase "finish right." When it finishes flying, it will be right of the initial line.

You're over-theorizing. I don't think the OP cares about highly theoretical situations, like throwing @ .25 earth gravity.

I wanted something for this slot in a midrange. I picked up the tursas and it filled the spot perfectly. It will fly about 300 ft on a hyzer flip. Obviously watch the flashing but if it doesn't have any its awesome. That disc has changed my game since I can't flick anymore due to an elbow injury.

Agreed! Love the Tursas! :) But...hmm...whats "flashing" ? Thx.

ABut...hmm...whats "flashing" ? Thx.
extra plastic leftover from the molding process along the bottom edge of a disc.

it basically ranks right between Ebola and ISIS if you ask certain folks around here.

extra plastic leftover from the molding process along the bottom edge of a disc.

it basically ranks right between Ebola and ISIS if you ask certain folks around here.

The only reason I brought up flashing is because I've had a couple with significant enough flashing to drastically change the flight of the disc.

Wrong.

Throw those discs 50 ft. Which way did they finish?

Exactly. The only reason I brought this up is to clarify with the op that if he's talking about a disc thrown RHBH (clockwise spin) to fade out right, it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
You guys are great.

For all intents and purposes, many discs will fade right... out on the course.

Were not all throwing discs off 100 ft cliffs.

As far as the 50 ft throw and which way it fades... that would depend on the angle of release. Am I throwing it flat? With hyzer? Or anhyzer?

Also why would I throw a Roadrunner 50 ft?

You guys are great.

As far as the 50 ft throw and which way it fades... that would depend on the angle of release. Am I throwing it flat? With hyzer? Or anhyzer?

black out drunk?

Seems to be a newb invasion. 50 ft throws to determine stability...can throw my Monarch 400' but my Beast only 300'...Buzzz is the best thing since electricity, etc.

You guys are great.

You are confusing the terms "fade" and "turn".

So, to correct your statement...

For all intents and purposes, many discs will turn right, fly right, and hit the ground right of the direction thrown... out on the course.

Look. My intent wasn't to start some ticky-tack argument or get into a physic lecture explaining gyroscopic effects of precession why all clockwise spinning discs will fade left. It was simply a clarification to the op that if they were talking about a disc that will slow and fade right, it doesn't exist.

I gave my suggestion of my right turning and right flying mid ranged disc; the Tangent.

The Underworld was the first fairway I could get to turnover easily and consistently. You could also try a midrange as some have suggested - Tursas, Fuse, Tangent, Comet - to get used to throwing turnovers.

I use an Underworld to drive with on lefty friendly holes. Comes out straight then turns right mid way, never comes back if you throw it properly.

I use a Foxbat for understable midrange, that thing goes right and stays right.