• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think I have a problem...

Some people form shapes from clay....

You mean like Richard Dreyfus in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, where he gets pretty obsessive about Devil's Tower, WY?
Now that's a problem. :p :D

"To enjoy life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks." The Journals of Lazarus Long, Robert Heinlein

Roll with it. I get a kick out the fact that I feel like I am getting away with something when I sneak in a round before work. It's like being a kid trying to sneak a cookie or something like that. There is worse things you could be over inthusiastic about, like the bottle of scotch hidden in the bottom drawer of your desk. If your showing up late to work cause you tried to sneak in a round, that might be considered a problem.

July 5th will mark my six year anniversary and my addiction is still going strong. sit back and enjoy the ride.

I just recently got over the disc buying addiction. Its when you check marshall street or community discs everyday to see if there's something new you want. I'd like to think I have that under control now and only splurge once and a while.

I've been told it relapses from time to time, though.

I just recently got over the disc buying addiction. Its when you check marshall street or community discs everyday to see if there's something new you want. I'd like to think I have that under control now and onstraighter,once and a while.

I've been told it relapses from time to time, though.

Just beat this myself. I have like 200 discs I've bought in the last year and a half. In the last 2 months, I have only bought 2 discs. I only look for, and buy backups for my bag. I no longer have the urge to try the newest, best, straightest, fastest disc.

Hello. My name is Peter S and I am a disc junkie.
I am at work now & on dgcoursereview not working, again
I play every weekend, most vacation days and holidays. I try to do my home chores after work to have weekends free.

I have 6 giant storage bins full of discs and sware to myself, that is it with the buying all the time, yet I check discgolfcenter daily for new releases. I check ebay almost daily for new or collector discs. I have 6 bags and a cart. 1/4 of walk in closet is full of d/golf shirts.

I wonder if ball golfers have the same compulsions. How can they not?

Last edited:
Some of you guys sound downright crazy. I thought I was bad because I have 20 extra discs and five on the wall and play three times a week.

Yeesh.

I do spend a lot of time on this forum though.

I knew I was hooked after the first throw. It has been an awesome experience and outlet. I may have a few hundred discs and a couple of bags..... so what. I can go throw no more that three times and all the stress of daily life and a difficult job melt away. It ultimately makes me better fit for all other aspects of life.

Some of you guys sound downright crazy. I thought I was bad because I have 20 extra discs and five on the wall and play three times a week.

Yeesh.

What's an extra disc?

Been playing for 14 months. I play at least a round a day, am quickly closing in on 200 discs owned, have built my own private 9-hole course, and have two practice baskets in my yard.

Nope, no addiction here.

Edit: Forgot to mention I turned down an offer from my employer to go full-time, salaried, from my present part-time status, because it would cut into my DG time too much.

Last edited:

Yeesh.

You do realize that people who like disc golf are the target audience of this website don't you?

Every time I pass a body of water I wonder how many discs are down there.

LOL, me too....even if there isn't a course nearby...haha.

And also, I always envision a hole/course when I'm .... just about anywhere....sometimes I envision a Safari course...with the streets and city at play......and other times....the woods/fields/whatever.

I really want to build a course

You do realize that people who like disc golf are the target audience of this website don't you?

There's a difference between those of us who like disc golf and some of the maniacal obsession exhibited here.

9 hole course on your property though? That's just straight up awesome.

The wife and I play almost every night on our 9 basket(18 hole) course. Sometimes it's just putting, or approaches, or driving, but its always fun. I'm on this site at least 10 times a day but I'm not addicted..... I could quit whenever I wanted. <--- lies.

My buddy begged me to go for months. I laughed and always told him next time(never meant it). He finally dragged me out and I hit my first birdie from 80' out. That was it. I wasn't only hooked, I swallowed the damn hook. I'll probably die before that hook comes out.

Been addicted bad for 11 months. My buddy took me one time an now me an him go every Tuesday Wednesday an Sunday togeather an I also play at other odd times of the week. My gf thinks I'm crazy.

Latest posts