• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think I'll take up Bowling.

Thanks, guys - after reading all that, I've decided not to hang up my plastic after all :)

SEE YOU AT TEE #1!!!!!

I can only play on weekends due to work and school, but the thing that gets me is one buddy has a social butterfly for a wife and plans every weekend for the next 3 months and my other buddy is available once a month to play. It does get a little old going to the course by yourself and lasting the whole 18 holes at times. I've got some great courses near me but only play on 5 courses. I would love to play some of the other courses, but would like to have someone who knows where the holes are instead of hunting and getting in other's way.

Could be worse. This may be a bit off the topic, but I banged up my hand at work on Thursday, didn't think much of it and finally got to throw this afternoon. It was hurting to drive, couldn't get any snap on then without pain. Some good approach/putts helped keep it from being a complete nightmare round. Now I watch my hand swell....

It's the time of year , cooler and darker ,shorter , more clothes to wear ....

Tourneys pretty much done , nothing to focus on .

The last few weeks I'm lucky to throw par , but I busted out a -9 and a -6 last weekend but my putting was on and my drives were allowing me bird shots !
But my arm was a bit sore going from 6-10 rounds per week to 2 !

Yup , time to putt in the garage/yard and hit the field ....

Enjoy tha casual time !

I'm the calm one out of my normal group of friend's who play. The rest are just one bad hole away from rage quitting. I hope they work on that before trying to play tournaments. That would just be embarrassing to watch someone rage quit and leave mid tourney round.

I had that moment a week ago. I played in my first ever tourney. Which is the perfect time to have your game go bad. In all fairness to myself it was a mixture of first tourny jitters, bad play, and 25 to 40mph winds with some bad luck. I hate to admit it but shot a +28 on the first round on a course i usually play at 10 to 12 over. My first mistake was letting all the rules get to me, instead of having fun. 2nd i made a mistake of trying to make putts on a day it wasnt smart to shoot for anything past 10 feet. It didnt hit me til about the 15th hole on the first round that everyone else was just throwing down to the bottom of baskets and going for the drop in shots. I gave up a good 8 strokes trying to make putts and having the wind sail my disc even farther away. I also let other peoples bad shots get in my head. i watched several people get their disc up in the air and end up over fences and just sailing away. Which made me think keep it down...and i grounded several disc. I had the wind flip my firebird and it did a 360 in the air and pushed straight down (i had never seen this before), i had another disc flip sideways and fall straight down, as well as having a great shot that hit, wind turned it sideways it ran a bit further, pushed against a fence and i watched my disc roll 6 and a half feet up a fence and over. I went to lunch frustrated and didnt know if i would come back, Came back and shot the last 18 at plus 13 with the wind picking up.

Never had that moment. In fact, the bad rounds get me back to the course faster than the good ones. If I have good tournament weekend, I'm more likely to take a few days off. If I don't feel like I played well, I'll be back at the course the next day working on what needs to be fixed.

I've been contemplating hanging it up for the year since the last month has been the worst golf of my life. BUT i keeping thinking "if i can only get one good round in, i'll be back"

Maybe you should decide what your free time is worth, and then go from there. if you haven't been having fun playing for a month or more, and you have kids that are available for quality time instead, then by all means do what is more important. Life is too short to spend your free time on something that isn't up to happiness par. If i'm not feeling like playing or I don't like the weather outlook and my son or my wife is home, then i'm going to do something else with them. Period.

Whenever I'm having an awful round (playing by myself) I just turn it into a practice session. I start working on certain shots that haven't been working.

If I'm playing with a group, I try to shrug it off and have a good time. I mean that's why I'm out there, right? I can be pissed at work.

:thmbup:Right!

I was considering picking up darts after our tag league handicap tourney. It was based off of our 10 lowest scores of the year, and I played a lot of rounds this year so I had some really good ones. My handicap was only 4 and it was a two round event. First round I did OK and shot a natural 59 (55 adjusted), but the second round my game simply shat the bed. On the first hole, I shot a circle 8 (235ft par 3) and it set the tone for the whole round. Needless to say, I didn't cash...:doh:

I threw my first and only ace on the worst day of disc golf I've ever been a part of. I lost 2 discs that day, a friend in the group lost a disc, and another one had an ace disc stolen. No one threw well, and we were spending more time looking for plastic in the woods than actually playing. Then I threw an ace on the 2nd to last hole. It's the only shot I remember that day, but it was well worth it.

When I have a bad round of golf, I want to get away from it for a while. Luckily I have many other activities to keep myself busy: Motocross, BMX, MTB, Table Tennis, Slot cars, Darts, Pool, Tennis. Oh & I could always do something around the house, work on the car, etc. I feel bad for people who dont have any other interests. You'll burn out quickly!
P.S. I love bowling!!!

Whenever I'm having an awful round (playing by myself) I just turn it into a practice session. I start working on certain shots that haven't been working.

If I'm playing with a group, I try to shrug it off and have a good time. I mean that's why I'm out there, right? I can be pissed at work.

This is how I feel about it. When I'm having a bad round, I just stop worrying about my score and focus on enjoying the beautiful outdoors or joking with my friends. I don't play well if I'm not in a good mood anyway. This sport is for fun! That being said, this is much more difficult for me to achieve when I'm playing a tourney and not doing so well. Something to work on :D

If I don't play for 4 or 5 days I start to get a really strong urge to get out there. That really ignites my disc golf spirit!

Bad decisions, poor putting and a general lack of volition to concentrate. Usually, it is best to take a deep breathe and look around. How bad is life while outside with friends, putting in a little exercise. Though disc golf is still better than bowling, it is way better that a good day at work.

I just got back from a round that included a FOUR on a wide open 240 foot hole. That's the kind of morning it was.

I pretty much parked the drive, then missed the 15 foot birdie putt, it rolled 25 feet from the basket, and I missed the par putt.

:wall:

Last edited: