• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I would have made that shot but my elbow hurts

Before I start on my own excuses.....

Is there a character limit here?

I usually blame the wind.

But that's legit, because I can't putt in the wind. Stupid wind.

True story: I played a local glow round last year and the guy in my group tried to say that his one shot chained-out because it hit the glow stick that was hanging in the basket and it was the glow stick's fault. I am not kidding. I thought he was trolling me at first to see how I would react, but he harped on it for a minute and got his buddy to agree with him. I was dumbfounded. Also said dude was a total sand-bagger and he and his pal would walk ahead of me after every hole and basically keep to only themselves. COOL.

My form is perfect but there aint a disc that can match it. Stoopid discs.

I play DG with this guy that cusses his discs after ever bad throw...and at high volume. Usually I just laugh, but it can be aggravating.

I do agree. I am sick of hearing that it's a disc's fault.

Provided I understand what a disc is intended to do, I should be able to throw well with any number of discs. I have my preferences and bag setup, but ultimately, if you sent me out with a bunch of new discs, I should be able to shoot well. Maybe not my best, but well, nonetheless.

It is rarely, if ever, the disc's fault.

I find it very annoying when I hear people screaming obscenities across the course. Excuses don't come up with the people I'll play with. Do you find it annoying when people talk about other shots too? Like "I usually hit metal on this one" or "I aced this joke last week" or "Oh man I had the best shot here the other day"

Disc golf is supposed to be fun. If your out there swearing up a storm, making excuses, and throwing your hat, doesn't seem like much fun, and you should stop. Unless that is fun for you, in which case your spoiling it for everyone else.

As far as blaming it on the disc. HA. Next time your out in the field try to throw as many discs as you can on the exact same line. You'd be amazed. With the right release you can make any throw with almost any disc

Last edited:
I know this guy! A couple months ago I grabbed his new t-bird he was bitching about and threw a perfect sweeping 350' hyzer with it. His excuse, "you must not have as much snap as me"..........

Oh, snap on the snap comment.

I know this guy! A couple months ago I grabbed his new t-bird he was bitching about and threw a perfect sweeping 350' hyzer with it. His excuse, "you must not have as much snap as me"..........

Was he trying to claim that his new teebird was flippy?

Oooh.. oooh... my turn to rant:

It bothers me when one player said my ace race holes were configured too long this year. We played 25 hole course for two rounds. 12 of the holes were under 130ft. 7 were between 130 and 180. 5 were between 180 and 200. Only 1 was 250ft. We had 5 aces (2 were the winner's) and 20+ metal hits.

Wow, yeah we had an ace race, with holes (NO JOKE) 350+ a couple felt like 400 given the conditions, 1 ace.

I don't know who did it, but the someone planted trees all over the place. When I find those pesky plants on the course, they really get in the way of my disc!

I don't know who did it, but the someone planted trees all over the place. When I find those pesky plants on the course, they really get in the way of my disc!

couldn't agree more, any course that doesn't offer a spiked hyzer route off the tee is worthless. I need only a nuke to play this game if all these trees weren't everywhere. Hell i only need a nuke anyways.

I do have a list of excuses too.

I realeased that terribly
I threw that too high
I shouldn't have tried that
I suck
I need to practice more.

Those are legit. haha Slipping happens and it sucks, especially if the disc is wet and your thumb/hand slips....hyzer city into the bushes.