• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I would have made that shot but my elbow hurts

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
and SO many other excuses.

I hear people Biotch about their discs and so much more....

I hear such in-depth discussion on this website, about 1 disc, and thinking if it were in a different plastic and a gram or 2 less in weight that it would have flown perfect...etc...etc

Why are so many people searching for the magic disc? And when they get that disc and it doesn't ACE the hole they assume its the DISC and write it off..

I'm kinda tired of it.

Now, i TOTALLY agree that there are better discs out there and preference and weight all DO matter. But when it comes to an experienced disc golfer.....and there is alllllll this disc analysis under a microscope....I think it's almost a waste of time.

It all comes down to Knowing what routes to take, how to throw that route, which disc will get that result in the given conditions, which shot/disc will minimize error.

Everyone makes a bad shot, or the wind takes it, or it touches the slightest branch and hyzers OB. These things happen, and it's OK to gripe about it for a moment.

I do it, many people do.

But when it comes down to every throw followed by "awww that stupid disc" I think it's a lot of the archer and not the arrow.

I know there are good reasons for some bad throws....

Anyone else tired of hearing this crap?

Please share a funny story of a person who gripes about every disc they have. :p

its nice cuz i never have to say this cuz i make all my shots.

those chumps need to step their game up

What the heck do you expect us to discuss?

Plus I'm pretty sure no one is forcing you to read those posts.

Plus its the internet....man

Just another day at the office.
picture.php

I would have read the entire post... But the extended signature line messed with the format.

I like hearing everybody's excuses, because it makes me feel better about my mediocre game.

Oooh.. oooh... my turn to rant:

It bothers me when one player said my ace race holes were configured too long this year. We played 25 hole course for two rounds. 12 of the holes were under 130ft. 7 were between 130 and 180. 5 were between 180 and 200. Only 1 was 250ft. We had 5 aces (2 were the winner's) and 20+ metal hits.

I was this guy in the first round of a tournament this weekend. Home course at 5500', tourney course I never played was at 1000', and I didnt get field work in before.
"DAMN ELEVATION!"

I laugh when guys tell me after they throw an awful off-axis-torque-monkey FH, that gets sent the wrong way, that their Nuke OS or Stilleto is getting flippy.

Yes and no. I don't really care, but as I am working on my form and no longer throw very far, and am somewhat upset by it, I can understand why people say stuff like that. Underperforming is something I think a lot of people address through statements like that when playing as more a psychological thing for themselves.

I hear people Biotch about their discs and so much more....

I hear such in-depth discussion on this website, about 1 disc, and thinking if it were in a different plastic and a gram or 2 less in weight that it would have flown perfect...etc...etc

You can hear us? :eek:

I laugh when guys tell me after they throw an awful off-axis-torque-monkey FH, that gets sent the wrong way, that their Nuke OS or Stilleto is getting flippy.

I know this guy! A couple months ago I grabbed his new t-bird he was bitching about and threw a perfect sweeping 350' hyzer with it. His excuse, "you must not have as much snap as me"..........