• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I would have made that shot but my elbow hurts

Last time I played, I happened to fart at the wrong moment in my backswing--- really messed my shot up---

There are some poor excuses. I think the best I ever heard was someone who blamed a bad round on bringing the wrong bag. It wasn't that he had 2 bags loaded up and grabbed the wrong one, it was the same discs he always played with, but said the bag made him felt off on every throw.

In regards to the "elbow hurting" I have a condition that shortens and weakens the tendons, along with bad form causes my elbow to pop violently, especially on grip locks. That's not to say that I haven't used other poor excuses myself though.

The one that bugs me most is how everyone is quiet whilst discer #1 is teeing off. He has a bad shot, steps of the tee & commences to tell you exactly what was wrong with it, how he did this wrong, did that wrong & not stop talking about it until after discer #4 has thrown his tee shot. Courtesy is a two way street, but some just don't get it.

I used the "first tourney since back surgery" excuse in last weekends tourney lol. The rust i had was the diff between shooting near par and shooting way under par. So i feel like it was a valid excuse. :)

I know this guy! A couple months ago I grabbed his new t-bird he was bitching about and threw a perfect sweeping 350' hyzer with it. His excuse, "you must not have as much snap as me"..........

I had someone with just about perfect form tell me I was getting "too much spin" on my discs and that's why they weren't going as far as his. Spin causes the discs not to glide as much, so they fall out of the sky. No dude, I just don't have the velocity you have on your discs. ... Guy was a natural, and had no clue what made his discs fly.

Oh, and I was complaining about some of my shots, mostly "I threw that too high" or "too low"

I had someone with just about perfect form tell me I was getting "too much spin" on my discs and that's why they weren't going as far as his. Spin causes the discs not to glide as much, so they fall out of the sky. No dude, I just don't have the velocity you have on your discs. ... Guy was a natural, and had no clue what made his discs fly.

Oh, and I was complaining about some of my shots, mostly "I threw that too high" or "too low"

This guy was trying a 360 run up with his t-bird. Not a bad idea if he didn't release with so much anny that I thought he was trying a roller.

I've never heard the to much spin kills glide one before lol.

The one that bugs me most is how everyone is quiet whilst discer #1 is teeing off. He has a bad shot, steps of the tee & commences to tell you exactly what was wrong with it, how he did this wrong, did that wrong & not stop talking about it until after discer #4 has thrown his tee shot. Courtesy is a two way street, but some just don't get it.

i do this, but not while others are teeing.

it is ALWAYS in response to people saying it wasn't really a bad shot or if "it had just been a liiiiittle farther this way" or "if it had just gotten through that tree". it kind of pisses me off when it's headed for the woods and people are still going "GET OFF OF IT" or "come on, come on!" it's done. i messed up the shot.

people who try to cheer me up in this manner actually bug me - it was a bad shot so stop patronizing me (i know they aren't trying to) - so i make it a point to tell them exactly what i did wrong so they stop trying to talk about "if only this happened".

if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. i threw it wrong and i make it a point to tell them so we can all move on.

i do this, but not while others are teeing.

it is ALWAYS in response to people saying it wasn't really a bad shot or if "it had just been a liiiiittle farther this way" or "if it had just gotten through that tree". it kind of pisses me off when it's headed for the woods and people are still going "GET OFF OF IT" or "come on, come on!" it's done. i messed up the shot.

people who try to cheer me up in this manner actually bug me - it was a bad shot so stop patronizing me (i know they aren't trying to) - so i make it a point to tell them exactly what i did wrong so they stop trying to talk about "if only this happened".

if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. i threw it wrong and i make it a point to tell them so we can all move on.

HAA! I definitely want to start using this when people make up stupid excuses on the course.

Also, unrelated, Kodachrome, who's quote is that in your signature? I'm just going to assume it's not yours.

I got partnered with a fellow in random draw doubles last week that talked tirelessly about the shot that JUST left his hand- during our card mates shots(as well as mine)- what he did wrong, what he did right, etc... up until the moment he would shoot his next shot...and then it started all over again. Now by no means is he a 'bad' player, but I do believe this is a practice not conducive to success. I kept having to interrupt his not-so inner monologue to inform him we were up..and to focus on the next shot- you know...the one he still had control over.

I got partnered with a fellow in random draw doubles last week that talked tirelessly about the shot that JUST left his hand- during our card mates shots(as well as mine)- what he did wrong, what he did right, etc... up until the moment he would shoot his next shot...and then it started all over again. Now by no means is he a 'bad' player, but I do believe this is a practice not conducive to success. I kept having to interrupt his not-so inner monologue to inform him we were up..and to focus on the next shot- you know...the one he still had control over.

That would drive me insane. Me and my older brother have been threw whole rounds, I swear, without saying hardly a word. Disc golf is really peaceful when it's quiet. I like to hear the disc cutting the air.

That would drive me insane. Me and my older brother have been threw whole rounds, I swear, without saying hardly a word. Disc golf is really peaceful when it's quiet. I like to hear the disc cutting the air.

Oddly enough, or coincidentally anyway- the guy I was talking about has a brother that plays as well. Their rounds are anything but quiet. What with the constant analysis and the trash talking between the two there is no hearing oneself think, much less the sound of a disc as it flies. So, No, they are not my favorite people to be on a card with, but it happens, and when it does I try and work on my mental toughness, much as I do when I play with people who bring unruly children and/or dogs along, or those who rage and/or people that've drank too much.

HAA! I definitely want to start using this when people make up stupid excuses on the course.

Also, unrelated, Kodachrome, who's quote is that in your signature? I'm just going to assume it's not yours.

Haha...it was a review of the roc on infinite discs. Gotta respect the guy for not speaking his native language but it made me laugh. :)

I've got a good friend who after one of us makes a bad shot almost always says "I was wondering why you were throwing that disc into a headwind/tailwind/crosswind."

But when he messes up a shot he slipped or has a sore body part.