• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name this Disc...

So, my buddy got a disc this last weekend from an ice bowl and we have no idea what it is.

If you could give us some insight it would be much appreciated!

The writing on the back says E-SM

Here are a few cell phone pictures:

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's a Gateway Evolution series Samurai, they're not out yet but will be soon. It's a little like a Katana, but a liiiittle slower.

Long Version: The original Aero mold warped or sumpin'. At any rate, Innova turned it into the Phenix mold and the Aero went OOP. This was in the late 80's.

By the mid 90's there got to be some interest in some discs they had stopped making, so Innova introduced four "Classic" discs meant to re-create some old OOP discs. They were the Classic Cobra, Classic Hammer, Classic Roc and Classic Aero. In the case of the Cobra, Hammer and Roc, the "Classic" designation was important because they still made the regular Cobra, Hammer and Roc. The Aero I guess was called "Classic" just to differentiate it from the originals. At some point they dropped the "Classic" and just started calling it the Aero again.

Short version: It's an Aero made from the recreated mold after they brought the Aero back into production in the mid 90's.

Long Version: The original Aero mold warped or sumpin'. At any rate, Innova turned it into the Phenix mold and the Aero went OOP. This was in the late 80's.

By the mid 90's there got to be some interest in some discs they had stopped making, so Innova introduced four "Classic" discs meant to re-create some old OOP discs. They were the Classic Cobra, Classic Hammer, Classic Roc and Classic Aero. In the case of the Cobra, Hammer and Roc, the "Classic" designation was important because they still made the regular Cobra, Hammer and Roc. The Aero I guess was called "Classic" just to differentiate it from the originals. At some point they dropped the "Classic" and just started calling it the Aero again.

Short version: It's an Aero made from the recreated mold after they brought the Aero back into production in the mid 90's.

:hfive:

I gotta 2011 Euro Open TL. It is flat and has CAL on bottom and is not the plus mold... My other CFR TL's say CA. My CE TL says CAL. Any help here on why? I know the new plus TB's say CAL. But this TL isn't a plus. Thanks

Last edited:
I got a 11x kc pro tee bird today and to the right, below the KC pro tee bird, there is jesters face. could anyone tell me what this is/means? ( it is actually stamped on the disc, not just a die)

Discraft MRX
I have never seen this disc today before slickwheels sent one to me in a mystery box.
Is in a new mold or old.
Limited in any way?

Old mold. Out of production. It's limited in the fact that if you really like it, it'll be hard to find more.

Does anyone know if this is an old metal head Viper or just a normal old circle stamp? I remember hearing something about the metal heads having 1991 right after where it says VIPER on the stamp, and also the color of this stamp. Thanks for any help.

1652CircleStampViperMH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts