• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

im very curious as to the story on the aero, dont see to many of them.

2003 KCWO am glow disc

does anyone know the disc they used that year?
It has a B on the back but defiantly isnt a beast.
It looks and feels like a tee bird
Thanks
Josh

image.jpg

im very curious as to the story on the aero, dont see to many of them.
The Aero is basically the first beveled-edged golf disc; it's a retool of Innova's first disc. It was produced from '83-around '88ish. The disc was re-created around '96ish and re-introduced; for the most part it was sold as the "Classic Aero" but the early ones were sold with just the regular stamp. It's easy to tell if it's an old one or re-created one from the tooling; the recreated ones have the "Rancho Cucamonga" location in the tooling.

They still sell it, it just has a different stamp on it today.

The Aero is basically the first beveled-edged golf disc; it's a retool of Innova's first disc. It was produced from '83-around '88ish. The disc was re-created around '96ish and re-introduced; for the most part it was sold as the "Classic Aero" but the early ones were sold with just the regular stamp. It's easy to tell if it's an old one or re-created one from the tooling; the recreated ones have the "Rancho Cucamonga" location in the tooling.

They still sell it, it just has a different stamp on it today.

Does that stamp make it any more valuable?

Does that stamp make it any more valuable?
If it is an original Aero it has a certain value for being a relic, depending on condition. Not a ton of value, but some. If it is a Rancho mold with that stamp, it's just an old DX Aero with no particular value that I'm aware of.

I picked this Pearly Champion disc up at an estate sale and I am almost certain it is a speed 10 disc. Based on the "Spring Fling 2005" stamp that leaves us with a Monster, Orc, or Starfire. I have an Orc from 2006 and the wing is very different so I am guessing it is a Monster or Starfire. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Front:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85262413@N04/8131285836/in/set-72157631529011829

Back:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85262413@N04/8131284840/in/set-72157631529011829/

Without a pic of the wing in profile it's kinda hard, but I would say that it is a Starfire just because I love them so much I am pretty certain it is one.

140092_g.jpg

Did these come out in 2010? I know the Christmas MD2 came out in 2010 too I was just wondering if they made 2 different Christmas stamps that year..

140092_g.jpg

Did these come out in 2010? I know the Christmas MD2 came out in 2010 too I was just wondering if they made 2 different Christmas stamps that year..
That stamp is from the 2008 Christmas disc. I had a disc with that stamp and it was marked S-PD and 168.
Power%20Driver%20star%20xmas%202008%20white%20168g.JPG

I'd assume this is the place to ask, what is the difference in the ESP Surges and the ND ESP Surges (other than the obvious stamp difference), my question is, is that all? I only ask because my DF Boss(not that I throw it) says 13/5/0/3 and bosses stats say 13/5/-1/3 on the website...

I have a question then. Is buying a disc like buying a precious coin? The longer you hold onto it (as long as it stays in good condition) the more it will be worth someday? I've only been around in this sport a couple years so I'm just wondering.

I have a question then. Is buying a disc like buying a precious coin? The longer you hold onto it (as long as it stays in good condition) the more it will be worth someday? I've only been around in this sport a couple years so I'm just wondering.

Depends on the disc, but not usually. Most discs will typically lose value over time.

Help with Identification

I hope this is the right place to post this. I bought a disc used from a store, and I would like it to be identified if possible. The disc is an innova stamp out that has no lettering on the bottom to check the model. If it helps, the disc weighed in at 154g on the scale at the store I bought it at. Attached are pictures. I hope the pictures are good enough.

discID1.jpg

discID2.jpg

discID3.jpg

Thanks in advance

Jonah

As stated before, depends on the disc. Some definitely do go up in value, but then fluctuate depending on the market. For example CE (an older plastic called "Champion Edition" from Innova) Teebirds and Leopards are HOT right now, but Firebirds have gone down from where they were a few years ago. It's really a crap-shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts