• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm searching for CE Rhyno has shown me some stock stamp zipper tops that were labeled CE (which of course doesn't mean CE), BUT..

THIS listing had an argument about CE or not and AP said at the end that it was. Is AP telling the truth for this disc? Or are we 100% sure that CE Rhynos were only 2002 tourney stamps and dx stamps? Were there ever stock stamp CE's?

I'm not second guessing you guys, just want to be 100% sure without a doubt! I don't want to sell this disc for el cheapo if it's worth way more

yeah if booter says its CE its CE....i was getting confused witht the pearly....i think you might have a CE but there is no real way to prove it ....

Thanks moose. I pm'd booter so hopefully he can clarify...... The dude that is asking me just told me that his friend's pearly rhyno is 100% CE

no pearly was 2003 -2005 booter got mad for people posting zipper top pearlies.....i was one of them because i had no idea.....

LOL I told him the Pearly is not CE and his reply was, "If it is a zipper top it is ce! If it makes the sound it is made with more durable plastic i call it CE!"

Pearly is ddefinitely not ce. It makes more of the scratchy sound because of that blend of plastic. There were ce rhynos in 02-03. Late run ce but none the less ce.

Tell that kid not to believe everything he reads

The concentric circle thing got outta hand because people just thought that meant ANY disc with CC's were ce.thats not the case. The circles come from fresh molds,kinda how the lat plastic has ripples in the opto from early run strikers . The only reason i use CC'sas a reference to rhynos is because champ rhynos came out circa 2002 if im not mistaken,which would be around the late run ce era. So its just another way to tell,if the rhyno isnt cfr stamped to find out the yr.

I just started throwing an 08 skeet spectator and it is nice and stable. Much more so than my CFR Roc+. I think the skeet is a rancho mold and am having a tough time finding other (factory stamp) champ ranchos. What the story on this mold? How can I get some stable champ roc backups? Any info is helpfull.

Also, is there such thing as a 150ish gram Star Road Runner?

Thanks.

Champ rocs are only sold for Usdgc I believe and they are not cheap ($50-80) give or take. They are money though

2011-11-02230010.jpg
[/IMG]
Post pictures here. Stamp, profile and wing to be exact.

Conversely, track down the TD of the event and see if they remember what discs were run with that stamp.

Once again...trying to find out what this disc is. I have tracked down the TD but cannont get in contact with him. Mitch Mac is his name. I am sure he is on here somewhere.

Need Help to ID a Unmarked Disc

Its Innova Champion with Waco (Texas) Charity open 2008 stamp. No other markers. I got it used for cheap. Wide edge like maybe a Boss?

Can you get a pic of the back near the nipple? There should be an indentation of the pen where they wrote the mold/plastic/weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.