• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ideas for a trick disc golf course....

You could put a basket on a belt that slides it from side to side like 20'. It can then affect the distance and obviously the timing.

Motorized door that you have to shoot through but it opens and closes.

If you are adding in rollers you could make a loop ramp for the disc to ride around that then goes to a bridge over a large ditch to force guys to play it through there.

You could also hang hoops from trees that you have to shoot through before shooting for the basket.

Last edited:
3) What if you threw basically into a box/fennel

fennel_300.jpg

How about something like a sideways trampoline. big wall in front of you. you have to throw it off of the trampoline. any idea if a disc could bounce off of it and continue it's flight?

It probably wouldn't continue the flight but you could require that you have to throw the disc while in the air from the trampoline! Make that one hole 18 if we are still doing the mando beers though LOL. We gotta have something to guarantee some hilarious photos.

Yea, up north in a great big building. Disc golphers would flock there for the weekends when it's too much snow/ice/wind/cold.
Or mabey just a giant maze with long and short -S- shots and quick 90 degree rights and lefts.
See how many strokes it takes to go from the outside to the middle.

Tiki already has the kennel. Pin is completely enclosed (top included) except for an approximately 2' wide opening. They also have the overhead shot (sort of). #10 or #11 has go over the kitchen area structure (no shot through it), some say the best is to skip it off the roof. The pin is mounted on a tree stump.

I was a chef for 7 years. Wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. Thanks for being a good sport :)

I like the maze idea. That'd be fun to work on bank shots to get around the corners.

Another concept a friend of mine came up with is speed disc golf. Play a course with only a few discs but do it while jogging or running if you're that in shape. The total time it take to complete the course added with your score is the overall total.

My idea for this trick shot course is to have a 300 plus foot hole you use regular discs on and once inside the circle you have to putt with a mini to a mini-basket.

My side of the phone conversation:

"YO, ROB! IT'S ZENBOT!......................zenbot from the internet, man...........................Hello? HELLO?!?"

mando hula hoops

Hell yeah, or even harder, mando window(s)

Kinda like putt-putt but for DG?

whats putt putt? mini golf? I was implying a full sized trick course

I'm glad to see this idea is so well received. I've played the Grange Tiki course a few times and never seen #1 spinning. Perhaps that is new.

I've always thought the Tiki course (and I apologize to those who don't know it) is the best thing a private course can add. I'm working with a course in NH to replace their crappy baskets and use the old ones on a course akin to the Tiki complete with rope lights and the like.

All I know is I want in on building this course once this thread is complete. I bet that if a private place with a good course or two put in a crazy short course like this that it would end up being just as popular as the "real" courses.

Here's what I would like to see:
1) A limbo hole which is baskically a very low bar with a mando under it so you have to do a two finger roller. Then there would have to be a jump as well into the basket.

2) Metal fairway or very long table. Maybe an airhockey-style slot to get it in the basket. The point is to slide the disc like it was on a frozen pond.

3) What if you threw basically into a box/fennel and then your disc came out one of three tubes? This would'd be on a real short course and you'd want 6-10' of drop afterwards. Of cuorse there would be the good tube which would be a metal slide that takes your disc down towards the basket another one that drops to an ok lie and the third would drop you into an ob area or a 3-sided box you'd have to figure out how to throw out of.

4) Well those got increasingly nutty so I'll stop there. When are we starting construction?

Lovin the air hockey idea

You could put a 10-15' high chainlink fence right in front of the tee pad to force an overhand shot.

Do something like that but with a small gap below it (with a horizontal mando) to force a roller. Or fill a small pond underneath with water and force a skip shot off the water.

Make a mandatory beer at every hole and see who can complete the most holes.

Mando beer :thmbup: lol

How about something like a sideways trampoline. big wall in front of you. you have to throw it off of the trampoline. any idea if a disc could bounce off of it and continue it's flight?

this sounds awesomem, I think it'd work well

Just in case anyone hasn't heard of it, Ript! is totally worth buying and people are mentioning things here that are very similar to things you have to do in this game.
http://www.knagames.com/Ript Community/Community.htm

Never heard of it but looks very interesting!

I think this idea would work best as an indoor park. Just think of the fun you coud have in an old abandoned warehouse. You could really force certain shots on holes.

I've often thought about this as a halloween course idea.

* a moving basket, maybe a basket on a pendulum.
* a basket without chains
* a putting zone where your opponents get to choose the disc you throw
* a joke-telling zone, where talking during drives is encouraged. (I had a guy do this to me-it is very effective if the joke is good)
* within the putting zone, you throw with your eyes shut

Where will this course be? I have to try it. :)

I've often thought about this as a halloween course idea.

* a moving basket, maybe a basket on a pendulum.
* a basket without chains
* a putting zone where your opponents get to choose the disc you throw
* a joke-telling zone, where talking during drives is encouraged. (I had a guy do this to me-it is very effective if the joke is good)
* within the putting zone, you throw with your eyes shut

Where will this course be? I have to try it. :)

justin brought it up earlier, but Ript sounds right up your alley.

http://www.knagames.com/Ript Community/Community.htm

Latest posts