• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idlewild Road Trip

Anybody know if Mount Airy is open? Headed to Cincinnati area on Friday...looks like Lincoln Ridge, Osage, and Idlewild are open but Mount Airy is currently noted as closed for virus...

Played Caesar Ford Park last week. Great course. It's Moraine with no significant elevation changes. I loved it.

I think Lincoln Ridge beats me up more than Idlewild honestly.

I actually shot really good the one time I played Lincoln Ridge. Idlewild on the other hand...

After the fact, but if you were looking for historical DG, you should have hit Embshoff - a Steady Ed design.
Took a solo dg adventure trip to Cincinnati myself this past February & played it, along with Idlewild & Mt Airy.

Are there any talks anyone is aware of for SW OH considering another bid for worlds? Seems like there are more than enough champion caliber courses that would take little to make them worthy of Worlds. Very robust area as well with plenty of lodging, dining, roller coasters, etc. :)

Seems the area has more than its share of interest in the sport and experience running tourneys as well.

The local club put in a bid for Am Worlds in 2021 and lost out to Princeton/Evansville, Indiana.

Yeah there are some gnarly hills at Lincoln Ridge. I can't imagine playing there after or during some rain. You might die lol.

Yeah there are some gnarly hills at Lincoln Ridge. I can't imagine playing there after or during some rain. You might die lol.

I've fallen at that course more times than I can count. Between the ravines that the course snakes around and the steep hill on 21, that's a slip 'n slide during the late fall-early spring, I bet I've gone down at least a dozen times...

...and after trekking around that place, it leaves with a long uphill walk back to the parking lot after the last hole...ugh.

For future reference(or any people new to the course), play the backside first. Though its also got some hills, its better cardio wise to play the front side last, plus it leaves you right next to the parking lot at the finish.

Also, that course is usually busy on the weekends and evenings and it can get a bit stacked up on the first tee sometimes. So, starting on 12 is oftentimes just easier to do as the groups tend to get stretched out after hole 6.

Latest posts