• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If you could only throw one manufacturer...

Funny, because all I throw is Latitude right now. I am trying out some Westside in my backup bag, but my main bag has only Latitude. It was hard when I first went all Latitude because I had to kick out discs like the Nuke, Drone, Ion, etc, but half my bag was Latitude at the time.

Now, I only see lines in the form of Latitude discs. It is kind of creepy.

Most of my bag is Discraft so thats what I would choose. I've thrown Challengers before I liked them.

Discraft

No other manufacturer has a disc I've tried that can fight the wind like Discraft's discs can. Also, I've never seen a disc that comes even close to being in the overhand discussion when compared to a Flick.

What it comes down to for me is that I don't know of a disc that can replace my Flick, Drone, or Zone. I can't think of another manufacturer that it's difficult to find a close substitute in the Discraft lineup.

i used a z flick for a couple of years for my thumbers, etc.

replaced it with an xxx. better, grippier plastic and more distance.

though not quite as overstable as a drone (which btw feels quite clunky in my hands) the trident is way more versatile and my tridents in opto plastic have a soft, buttery grip as good or better than any ce disc i ever owned.... think i'm kidding - ask this forums own el kabong.

i still carry a couple of z zones but i have no reservations in saying that the lat 64 sinus is every bit as good and overstable as my zones. the zero plastic is super grippy and the 3 traction pads on the sinus make rainy day playing driving and putting no problem at all.

Discraft since all my mids and my main driver is a nuke. My putting might suffer because my champ rhyno feels so right in my hand but I could putt well enough with a challenger.

i guess i would say discraft.

Question: What do you call someone who is compelled to throw only one company? not sponsored but tries out discs and throws his bag from a single company? not a fanboy because he will switch his entire bag once a month but he won't mix brands!

Latitude all day. Could go with innova also, but lat discs are so purty. I could go innova easily but would miss my pures way too much.

Even though the only discs of there's I currently use are putters, I would probably have to go with Discraft because I can't see replacing my magnet and bangers. I haven't thrown Vibram putters yet though, and would consider Vibram if I found a putter I was confident with.

Latitude 64. I just got my Mercy and Rivers in yesterday. This Opto and GL feels great! The Mercy in EZE looks similar to my Omega SS and Aviar P/A R-Pro, just a bit stiffer, though. I've got a buddy that only throws Innova, so we'll see how he feels about this Latitude glide... I should put together a Latitude bag....and a Millenium bag...and a Discraft bag...and...hell, I'm already on my way.

Innova.

I would only have to replace my Wizards with KC, BB, and JK Aviars.

There is no way I would be interested in taking my rocs and/or pigs out of the bag right now.

I'm a bit surprised at how few Innova responses this has gotten so far.

I'd pick Innova for the Roc, KC Aviar, Eagle-X and Teebird. I'd live with the Firebird and Starfire-X unless I could get Discmania and/or Millennium in which case I'd throw the PD or OLF.

Discraft! Although I would have a hard time parting with my Teebabies. I'd also have to switch putters from the Chains Aviar, but I'm sure I could manage with a Challenger or Magnet.

Id say Lat, but I'd be challenged to replace my Firebird, Buzzz, Sentinel, and Zone.

My pick is Innova. My whole bag is Innova other then the comet and river. But if I had to choose another company it would be either lat 64 or legacy--bc their new discs come out in a couple months and one being a fairway driver gives them an a almost complete portfolio