• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you want to become better the fastest way possible what would you do?

How long have you been playing?

Edit::

Not long apparently. You have some gadgets for sure. Why dont you recommend some toys to help us regular people.

Last edited:
Looks like you are doing just about everything there is to do.

Can you describe your progress since you decided to go all in? What are your metrics for progress? Are you playing tournaments ? Results of competitions?

One thing that occurs to me—you may or may not already do, but changing up the way you play familiar holes? Try FH on a normally BH hole? Also, create new hole challenges to see how well you adapt to something unique? I.e., challenge your creativity on a hole and see how you execute throws you haven't thrown a hundred times on a given hole? That's all I can think of given the work your video shows.

Looks like you are doing just about everything there is to do.

Can you describe your progress since you decided to go all in? What are your metrics for progress? Are you playing tournaments ? Results of competitions?

One thing that occurs to me—you may or may not already do, but changing up the way you play familiar holes? Try FH on a normally BH hole? Also, create new hole challenges to see how well you adapt to something unique? I.e., challenge your creativity on a hole and see how you execute throws you haven't thrown a hundred times on a given hole? That's all I can think of given the work your video shows.

My progress has been very high in the start but after a year now, everything had stalled out a little.

I went from 300 feet to 500, my putting inside cx1 is alright but not perfect.

Forehand i only got 250 feet with controll, i have not had time to practice that much for distance there yet ( been trying to break over 500 feet bh and i did that not long ago )

I have not won an event yet sadly, im hoping that day will come soon though.

I won some of my local weeklys with around 70 particapants. But they are not sanctioned.

I really wanted to perfect my bh form before i started to practice hitting my lines.

Since release point will be different when you have good form instead of bad.

Its a struggle but i want this more then i can breathe and it can work against me.

( trying to hard phenonemom)

We've been playing the same amount of time. I'm older, out of shape and overweight. My progress is pretty slow right now and in distance, you are way ahead of me. Heck, I'd say that's true in all aspects.

Still, focusing on hitting your lines is where it is at IMO. The majority of holes are 300-400 feet? So you've got distance covered easily if you hit your lines. Winning a mini with that many people sounds like you are doing well in all fronts. But you've got pro distance BH. Not bad FH, but could extend that some. And accuracy at x distance is worth another 50-100 feet compared to competition that lacks accuracy.

Throwing lines and hitting target zones is next level IMO.

Regardless how obvious, mundane, and unsexy it is, this is the correct answer. Become a better putter, and you'll have the confidence to lay up less, because you won't be worried about the come back.

We've been playing the same amount of time. I'm older, out of shape and overweight. My progress is pretty slow right now and in distance, you are way ahead of me. Heck, I'd say that's true in all aspects.

Still, focusing on hitting your lines is where it is at IMO. The majority of holes are 300-400 feet? So you've got distance covered easily if you hit your lines. Winning a mini with that many people sounds like you are doing well in all fronts. But you've got pro distance BH. Not bad FH, but could extend that some. And accuracy at x distance is worth another 50-100 feet compared to competition that lacks accuracy.

Throwing lines and hitting target zones is next level IMO.

I would trade 100 feet for accuracy any day, when i played with a norwegian discgolf champion. ( he is 50 years old)

He got the course record on our local course almost twice in a row with one round 10 under par and 8.

He never did any mistakes and took par at worst.

Im getting way to many boogeys and i think is because i get in trouble from tee.

Here is a first round from a turnament. ( im number 3)

Missed a put from 5 feet aswell, it shouldnt happen but it does.

Attachments

• BACC2A07-0082-452E-890D-8F95499B9813.jpg
    BACC2A07-0082-452E-890D-8F95499B9813.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 52
I would trade 100 feet for accuracy any day, when i played with a norwegian discgolf champion. ( he is 50 years old)

This was going to be my first comment after reading the first page of this thread. 500ft with no accuracy doesn't mean much. How accurate are you? Perhaps throw at 70-80% (if you aren't already) and see if your accuracy improves. Do you perform much worse in tournaments compared to a casual round on the same course? Competition requires a strong mental game. I personally play better when I'm solo because I can play faster with more rhythm, less distractions and less competitive stress. To the point where I'm probably 4-6 strokes better when I'm solo.

I find an app like UDisc helps me figure out where I need to improve (other than everywhere).

Wish I had your distance though! Best of luck.

This was going to be my first comment after reading the first page of this thread. 500ft with no accuracy doesn't mean much. How accurate are you? Perhaps throw at 70-80% (if you aren't already) and see if your accuracy improves. Do you perform much worse in tournaments compared to a casual round on the same course? Competition requires a strong mental game. I personally play better when I'm solo because I can play faster with more rhythm, less distractions and less competitive stress. To the point where I'm probably 4-6 strokes better when I'm solo.

I find an app like UDisc helps me figure out where I need to improve (other than everywhere).

Wish I had your distance though! Best of luck.
Really accurate.

One tip I'll give though is don't try to block the pressure or nervousness. Seek it and embrace is to the point you love it. Once you do that you'll start playing better at tournament than casual.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

There's some really good advice here.

Some of the work is physical - but some of the work (for tournaments) is mental.

My advice is based on what I'm doing right now: Lots and lots of field work, from 180 feet in (that's 55 meters), shaping different shots with my primary approach disc (for me, that's the Prodigy P Model S). Throw flat, throw annys, throw stalls, throw hyzers, throw skips.

The purpose of this effort is focused on two outcomes: save strokes by being able to get up and down in 2 from inside 55 meters, and simplifying my bag - and decision making - by getting the most utility out of a single mold.

Yes, I'm working on my putting. But I'm also working on the shot that makes putting less of an issue. Have you noticed how well the pros make their putts? I want to do the same thing - even though my circle of 100% accuracy putting is considerably smaller. So I figure, why not practice on landing close enough to sink the putt?

And yes, I'll continue to carry other approach discs. But the disc I use most often (other than putting) is the approach disc. SO why not practice with it until I trust it for all sorts of lines, in various weather conditions?

Good luck!

There's some really good advice here.

Some of the work is physical - but some of the work (for tournaments) is mental.

My advice is based on what I'm doing right now: Lots and lots of field work, from 180 feet in (that's 55 meters), shaping different shots with my primary approach disc (for me, that's the Prodigy P Model S). Throw flat, throw annys, throw stalls, throw hyzers, throw skips.

The purpose of this effort is focused on two outcomes: save strokes by being able to get up and down in 2 from inside 55 meters, and simplifying my bag - and decision making - by getting the most utility out of a single mold.

Yes, I'm working on my putting. But I'm also working on the shot that makes putting less of an issue. Have you noticed how well the pros make their putts? I want to do the same thing - even though my circle of 100% accuracy putting is considerably smaller. So I figure, why not practice on landing close enough to sink the putt?

And yes, I'll continue to carry other approach discs. But the disc I use most often (other than putting) is the approach disc. SO why not practice with it until I trust it for all sorts of lines, in various weather conditions?

Good luck!

Im gonna try this a couple of times, thanks.