• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because then they wouldn't get the new accounts! :)

:rolleyes:

I'm leaving in a bit for Buffalo Grove, I'll be there a while if anybody wants to join me, probably be there by 4:30 at the latest.

Sorry mash, I didn't see this until now. You should've driven up to Adler - leagues started yesterday. That's where I was.

I completely forgot about that, Dave even told me that when I ran into him last week. I'll probably be up there next Tuesday.

I just got off the phone with Skunk and he has some news about Oakbrook that he will share later today. However, he wanted me post something really quick on his behalf:

Please don't pull out any of the stakes that the Park District has put in the ground for marking and measuring their new buildings, fields, etc. Several of those stakes got pulled up and it makes their job much harder.

I'm sure none of the fine folks on DGCR are guilty of this, but if you can spread the word and keep an eye on others that would be awesome; the Park District would appreciate it.

So... what's the news with Oakbrook? :popcorn:

^^ya that kinda makes us look bad. The deal with oakbrook changing is done, pulling the stakes just makes the "powers that be" lose respect for what they are trying to accomplish with the course.

I sent a Guido Sarduchi down there to regulate any pulling of the stakes or any vandalism of any sort. He works for some "sanitation" business downtown.

Yeah, but what's the new news?

Riddler_009.jpg

Yeah, but what's the new news?

I understand that there are many concerns with the course. As many of you know, the Park District is improving their park grounds that include a synthetic soccer field, sled hill, detention pond, and a maintenance building. These new improvements will affect the current layout making the current layout unplayable. However, they are doing their best to keep the course playable until it is time to remove holes. That date is uncertain at this time. They have taken advantage of the nice weather and started early to get a head start and that is why we are seeing changes.

I have been working on a new layout that should incorporate water on some holes provided that we get the ok from the Park District. Keeping the current layout and adding onto it would be ideal but impossible to do. I have not been working alone in this matter and will continue to receive outside input as well.

I will be meeting with the Athletics Supervisor, the architect, and the other parties involved in early April to discuss the future of the course. Shortly after that we will be needing volunteers (who would be willing to sign a waiver) to help create the new and improved Oak Brook Disc Golf Course. I will post a layout once it becomes definite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts