• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input guys, we are going to head up to Lemon Lake. Really wanted to head down to play Crystal, but we want to maximize our time playing and do less driving. Last hoorah for the summer for us, I will definitely have to make it down to the caves though! I was really excited to play them

How much longer is it to St. Louis over Lemon Lake? Just curious (and lazy).

Lemon is about 2 hours 20 minutes, and to Crystal is about 4 1/2 hours. Then it's about an hour drive to Sioux or Endicott from Crystal. We figured it'd be better to hit up a cluster for the day and save St. Louis when we can stay over night to play everything and really enjoy them instead of rushing through.

I recommend starting your day with blue if you're going to play it, getting those more open shots out of the way while it's still cool is nice on a hot day.

We're gonna hit the road early and start at Rogers Lakewood around 8:00 and then we'll definitely take your suggestion and start at blue while it's still a little cooler. Do you know if Rogers is open by 8am by chance?

I've never seen the gates closed, I would be surprised if it wasn't open at 8. FYI, both parks have entrance fees in the summer, bring some cash.

We're gonna hit the road early and start at Rogers Lakewood around 8:00 and then we'll definitely take your suggestion and start at blue while it's still a little cooler. Do you know if Rogers is open by 8am by chance?

Not sure how fast you play or how many guys you have, but if you have three or more and you are starting at 8am. It might not be realistic to play rogers lakewood, blue, red, gold, silver and white.............

you are probably gonna have to make some choices

If it were me I would go rogers lakewood....blue.....silver......red......and white (if you have time), but if its getting dark they will probably boot you out (in a nice way).......

Not sure how fast you play or how many guys you have, but if you have three or more and you are starting at 8am. It might not be realistic to play rogers lakewood, blue, red, gold, silver and white.............

you are probably gonna have to make some choices

If it were me I would go rogers lakewood....blue.....silver......red......and white (if you have time), but if its getting dark they will probably boot you out (in a nice way).......

It's just two of us, we are packing sandwiches so we can eat while we play. We definitely wanted to do Rogers then just get in as much as Lemon as we possibly could :thmbup:

With two of you and an early start, it's definitely doable to get in RL and 3-4 rounds at LL.

With two of you and an early start, it's definitely doable to get in RL and 3-4 rounds at LL.

^^ Agreed. Rogers can be pretty quick with just 2 - you'll probably have the course to yourself that early. I rarely see more than one or two people on the course on Sunday mornings. You'll have plenty of time to get over to LL and get a few rounds in there.

Their calling for 30% chance of rain tomorrow afternoon - high of mid 90s here.

Random question........Does anybody on here bump into Bob Ryan on a regular basis?

what course is "the caves" every one was talking about a few pages back i want to play in the cave sounds dope and reminds me of the ps3 disc golf game holes thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.