• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Countchunkula...still might try Campton because I don't get down to that area often and I am going to be in Wheaton anyways.

I'd really like to knock both of them out tomorrow, just depends on how the kid cooperates.

It's gonna be a big pain in the ass, but if you've gotta play it...

I took my little guy to a few non-stroller friendly courses in Cali. It didn't go well. At napa we ended up carrying the baby and sometimes the stroller.

75+ and sunny tomorrow :hfive: if your not at Streator playing at least get out and enjoy the weather. Goodluck to everyone tomorrow!

make sure you check yourself for ticks once your done at campton. Ive got one on me from there this year and batavia is rly bad with ticks is what ive heard

I am considering Campton Hills in St. Charles and/or Four Lakes in Lisle tomorrow. It looks like both have plenty of elevation, but they are also relatively short, even for our area.

Are they stroller friendly? Any info/recent change updates not listed on the course page would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :thmbup:

I agree a stroller will suck at either one. If ur gonna be out by campton the new course at Batavia might be a better option. It's mostly flatter but I think its a solid course

Batavia, Wheeler and West Chicago are quite a bit more stroller friendly than Campton.

I took my little guy to a few non-stroller friendly courses in Cali. It didn't go well. At napa we ended up carrying the baby and sometimes the stroller.

Are the hills comparable to Napa?

If so, that would kinda suck but it's only 9 holes. ;)

Considering Batavia, but that looks even farther out of the way.

Last edited:
Well, yous guys convinced me to skip Campton. :eek:

We made it through Four Lake without any problems. The view from the top of the ski hill was nice. Not quite on the same level as a Dela or Coyote Point top of the world view, but the kid and the dog had fun up there.

I really wanted to bomb a few down to the bottom, but there were too many people hanging around and playing volleyball. Maybe next time...

That was the (most) disappointing thing about that course, there's no payoff hole for climbing all the way to the top.

yeah dales a pretty good player and his putts have been getting super good lately. I feel like i used up all my good putts during warm ups =/

my putts were on i hit metal every time.. just all over the belt got a few spits. putting wasnt really a problem my ups drifted off giving me longer putts all day. that was not needed lol all my par putts were longer then my birdie putts lol

I really hope this isn't true, but I just got word that eagle ridge is about to get a major overhaul from the parks department. Apparently all the ash trees are going to be cut down (emerald ash borer). This is really going to suck as it is one of my favorites in the chicago area. Hopefully the course can be salvaged.........Does anybody have any more info on what exactly is going to take place there? Their are an awful lot of ash trees around there...........

:thmbdown:

I really hope this isn't true, but I just got word that eagle ridge is about to get a major overhaul from the parks department. Apparently all the ash trees are going to be cut down (emerald ash borer). This is really going to suck as it is one of my favorites in the chicago area. Hopefully the course can be salvaged.........Does anybody have any more info on what exactly is going to take place there? Their are an awful lot of ash trees around there...........

:thmbdown:

I believe SR. Has been talking with the park District about what they are going to do to replace the trees but I have no clue =/ Its gonna suck some major bawls once they do everything to it but hopefully it wont be too bad =/

Sucks that they now have cement in there, cause that makes a redesign/tweaks tough(er).

You can move concrete pads, it just takes a lot of people and a lot of work. The timing is unfortunate though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts