• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm going to do an 'In the Bag' video

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
Before I do, just curious as to what people want to see that maybe they havent gotten from other ITB videos.:|

as of TODAY I am set on my disc selection. I have 13 bagged, and I rotate about 4 others depending on the course and condition. I am selling about 20 discs as I am not in need of their services any longer.:D

So let me know, tips, suggestions, :thmbup:I will post it later this weekend :)

Do the video in the field and after you give an explanation for the disc throw it on the line you'd use it for. Like if you throw a beat DX teebird for a roller throw a roller

Don't guess it's a huge deal but it irks me when people spend 10 minutes telling me they have 3 towels & 2 scorecards in the side pocket.....& then they feel the need to pull them out & show me! Just my opinion but I couldn't care less what are in the pockets.
Also how far you throw the discs. Although I do get a good chuckle when somebody pulls out a max weight Boss & simple says "I can throw this one really far!" :thmbup:

If possible show the flights of your dics and talk about what shots YOU like to use them for.

Also, don't talk about your bag. It's an IN the bag video so we don't care that your grip bag has a cool snap for the putters. (This drives me crazy about in the bag videos and I always have to move ahead a few minutes)

I want to do one as well, but like said do video of throwing each disc in the bag the way i use it. Would be fun for me. and maybe 1 person would like it. Ha, maybe tomorrow morning i'll do it as i'm putting in some field work.

Do one while you're playing a round. I think that would make for a good, watchable video to be able to see what lines you're trying to hit. Only problem is you'd probably need a friend and it would take a little longer.

Why?

Usually an in-the-bag video is only interesting to me if it is a Pro players bag. I'm not sure why you would want to do a video of your bag? No offense! :D

I really like the idea of throwing the discs on the line you want with each disc. That would make for a much more interesting ITB, IMHO.

Also, I don't mind talking about the bag a little because I don't have a nice bag (just the chep Wal-Mart 10 disc bag :|) and maybe someday I would like one.

All the hoopy froods know where there towel is. If you want to talk about your towel do it. If you just want to talk about the discs do that. It is your video after all.

Attractive dancing women.

Even more seriously, I like the idea of throwing the shot with the disc you just described. Even better if the attractive dancing women oooh and aaah after each throw.

Usually an in-the-bag video is only interesting to me if it is a Pro players bag. I'm not sure why you would want to do a video of your bag? No offense! :D

well. i dont know about you, but knowing what a 1030+ rated player throws 400', does me zero good. but maybe seeing what other folks around my skill are throwing for different shots, seeing how they throw could help me choose discs that will help my game.

Do the video in the field and after you give an explanation for the disc throw it on the line you'd use it for. Like if you throw a beat DX teebird for a roller throw a roller

Wow yeah, that WOULD be awesome. I would probably do 2 videos and splice them together. I am a rookie, but I could totally do that. :\

I will probably do the bag video this weekend and see if I can do the flights as well. My problem is to get a higher quality shot of the throws:|

Good tip, Id like to make it a nice video.:thmbup:

just for fun my friend :D

people talk enough about DG and their discs and how good they are, etc, on here...so i figure make a professional...well, semi serious in -the-bag. Just to put it out there. Maybe people will like the combos I have, or use them themselves and agree, or be new to a concept...whatever....its just for fun because im a nerd for dg. :)

well. i dont know about you, but knowing what a 1030+ rated player throws 400', does me zero good. but maybe seeing what other folks around my skill are throwing for different shots, seeing how they throw could help me choose discs that will help my game.

I would agree with this. Top pros make discs do things I'll never be able to pull off, so having a similarly-skilled player explain some of these things might make sense. Also, because there are SO many discs to choose from, if you come away thinking about one disc you've never thought to try that he talks about, maybe that's a cool thing.

OP, if you've bagged a disc after a lengthy competition between a couple molds, or if you've replaced something because disc B. does it better than disc A. did, maybe explaining that would be helpful also.

The Plan

I will ^ Honestly this is what inspired me to do this. I have played with about 50 odd discs over the last 6 years. and just now I feel 100% confident in my 13 bagged discs...and the 5 or so I rotate in. So I went from a bunch of random discs here and there to a full system...in which FOR ME mentally it helps a lot. Now i am getting more consistent shots and better scores.

i'd like to be thorough, but not going on and on about something that nobody wants to hear.

THIS IS MY PLAN

- Show my bag and what i typically carry (for like 20 seconds) then get to the discs
- I will start from front to back and mention WHAT DISC IT IS, WHAT I USE IT FOR and WHY I CHOSE THIS DISC OVER OTHERS (mentioning only a little bit of why this beat out the other discs)
- Then talk about the specific disc and the type of shots/situations I find are helpful for me. Then cut out for a short clip of throwing that shot.
**So overview, then talk about the disc followed by clips of just that disc.
and go through the whole bag doing just that.
I will likely shoot 10 of each disc and narrow down to 5...so probably only 30 seconds of disc throw footage per disc. I want it to be a nice 'professional-ish' looking video.
Hopefully my friend Matt and I can pull it off and create a nice lil video. maybe 6-8 minutes. So not crazy long, but enought to...get it. :|

:thmbup::thmbup:;)
Thanks ya'll !

Last edited:

Latest posts