• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm making a Disc Golf Game

I would like to make real courses from North America, specially USDGC. I need height / topography map though to make them and I haven't found them.

I love the look of this.

One thing though - and I can't believe I'm going to say this but...

Everything about the game looks lovely apart from the hand position on the disc, please please please move it around so it's outside of the disc not leading the disc... Also is it possible to do the hyzer/anhyzer angles by bending the guy forwards/backwards at the waist instead of changing the disc angle?

I know, I know, this is why I normally stick to the technique sections, but it's just bugging the hell out of me!

Unless of course this is an early character on his quest to find perfect form. He can do the heavyDisc in game training module and get another 60' on the drive and better accuracy ;)

Do you have any "iron Leafs" on the course, you know, the ones you can't see off the tee, then all of a sudden appear out of nowhere to smack your disc down? In game purchase, iron leaf finding goggles....

Or maybe the ability to innocently compliment your opponents shot and make it suddenly veer left into the OB. - In Game purchase "you niced me bro"

How about the ability to throw 600' - In Game purchase "internet distance"

Heh I haven't even noticed that. Thanks for the feedback.

There is no bending of the body. It would be a good idea for example throwing behind tree but at the moment I am not making it.

I plan to make the game price 3 dollars so I don't want it to have in app purchases.

I'm not a gamer myself, but I would have to say after seeing this you're definitely on to something. Good luck to you.

I've been playing the game on iOS for the past couple days and it's well worth the $4. The disc flight physics model is probably the best I've seen in a game so far and I've played most (PS4 Sports Champions, Disc Golf Unchained, etc)

Once you can add more courses and the other throw types (sidearm, overhand, roller) you'll have a pretty complete game.

Putting is suitably difficult, but fair.

I've been playing the game on iOS for the past couple days and it's well worth the $4. The disc flight physics model is probably the best I've seen in a game so far and I've played most (PS4 Sports Champions, Disc Golf Unchained, etc)

Once you can add more courses and the other throw types (sidearm, overhand, roller) you'll have a pretty complete game.

Putting is suitably difficult, but fair.

Thanks

New courses are coming. There's one ready. I'm trying to make USDGC course next.
Forehand is possible. I want to make skip and roller too, but so far I haven't been able to make good enough roller.

This game is lots of fun! I am having difficulty aiming while putting though... Can you change the release angle on putts? The third person view is kind of tricky for putts. Great job! Never would have known about it had you not mentioned it here. :)

Sent from my trap phone using Tapatalk for dummies

This game is lots of fun! I am having difficulty aiming while putting though... Can you change the release angle on putts? The third person view is kind of tricky for putts. Great job! Never would have known about it had you not mentioned it here. :)

Sent from my trap phone using Tapatalk for dummies

Thanks

In putts release angle is how diagonal you swipe with your finger. You can also throw like that if you select the option from in game options.

I just bought the game today and I can assure that it's a pretty sweet game. But how come some of my drives with my destroyer go 40m and some go 110m? I'm sure there's something in doing wrong, but what is it? And where's the options menu

I just bought the game today and I can assure that it's a pretty sweet game. But how come some of my drives with my destroyer go 40m and some go 110m? I'm sure there's something in doing wrong, but what is it? And where's the options menu

Thanks

The power of the throw depends how fast you are swiping with finger. If the swipe is short and fast it's possible it's harder to read. It's designed for iPad but I have also played it with phone and yeah the control of the swipe is not that easy with phone. I will see if I can adjust that. What also affects power is the position of the marker where you are aiming and you can move that. Also if you don't have good technique it can randomly leave the throw too short, but not 40-110.

In game you can find option screen from up left.

Looking forward to trying this out once the Android release drops. Looks like a fun way to spend some downtime besides reddit.