• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag with the "Champ"

The new run is needlessly overstable. It's as overstable as a flat firebird , just barely longer. I have an 168 lime green one with a mega gummy plate thats finally starting to give a little.

Pretty sweet video, thanks for sharing! I love the stamp on his fresh KC Pro Aviar and the Terns.

Avery said the same thing in his video. He says the new star Destroyers are so overstable that he's still trying to get used to them and uses them for utility. The newer run really is crazy overstable.

heads to discgolfcenter to buy new star destroyers....

Truer words have never been spoken on a disc golf forum. And unless you can throw a Roc 400' like KC too, then most people should heed his advice.

*roll

I find it hard to believe that he can only get 400 out of a Roc roller. I thought he had more power than that, even at his age.

Avery said the same thing in his video. He says the new star Destroyers are so overstable that he's still trying to get used to them and uses them for utility. The newer run really is crazy overstable.

I cycle Destroyers & I have one of the new ones. I took out my Xcal b/c the newest run Destroyer was so overstable.

Yeah, the new run beefcake Destroyers are basically 12 speed flat top Firebirds. I can't imagine how long it would take to beat one into a turnover, if it's at all possible.

I can't believe the lidlike putter renaissance that's happening. I am shedding a tear of joy right now.

Polecat's better

Old school baby. Throwing a floaty putter shot that sits right next to the basket is a thing of beauty.

Yeah, the new run beefcake Destroyers are basically 12 speed flat top Firebirds. I can't imagine how long it would take to beat one into a turnover, if it's at all possible.

I haven't done it myself, but I've seen these Destroyers once they've been seasoned. It takes more time and heavier use, but they do seem to season in and fly like you'd expect a Destroyer would.

More evidence that most speed 12 and up are mostly suited for a select crowd of super-ability pro disc golfers.

The new run is needlessly overstable. It's as overstable as a flat firebird , just barely longer. I have an 168 lime green one with a mega gummy plate thats finally starting to give a little.

I have 2 of the stars. One I have had for about 3 months now and it flips for sure. I just got a new one about a week ago and only use it for doglegs.

I also found a pretty flat champ firebird new and i use it for skip-flick road shots to make sure i get back in bounds.

I haven't done it myself, but I've seen these Destroyers once they've been seasoned. It takes more time and heavier use, but they do seem to season in and fly like you'd expect a Destroyer would.

I just know the current runs are even more overstable than the beefcake pop top 160s from a few years ago. I have one from that run in my bag that is about 2 years old and it's just NOW starting to become a straight flier. I think another year before it becomes more of a distance turnover boomer. These new ones are even more overstable when new, so it will probably take many many years to beat them in.

Unless you play on rocks.

I have two Pro Destroyers that I purchased in late 2011. They were flat out of the box and held an anhyzer line the whole time. They haven't gotten very flippy yet, but I don't really throw them often where I'm going to possibly hit a tree.

I just know the current runs are even more overstable than the beefcake pop top 160s from a few years ago. I have one from that run in my bag that is about 2 years old and it's just NOW starting to become a straight flier. I think another year before it becomes more of a distance turnover boomer. These new ones are even more overstable when new, so it will probably take many many years to beat them in.

Unless you play on rocks.

Yeah it takes me a long time to season my discs too, but I think that's because I carry more discs than the guy whose Destroyer I'm talking about. He uses fewer discs and molds than a lot of people, so he's working that Destroyer more. Plus some spike hyzers into the winter ice (we play all year round) is probably close to throwing the discs into a parking lot. It does the trick.

The disc now has that touch of understability in the high speed portion of the flight and the generous fade to match that makes the Destroyer one of the classic molds in my opinion. But it took a bit of a beating to get the newer run there it seems.