• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In what order would you rate these Colorado courses

wingit

OK so got back from a nice Colorado DG vacation and thought it would be fun to have you rate the 15 courses in order of fun that I played, then give a rating to the courses you have played that I also played. I have my ratings and order done already but would like to see yours first. Here are the courses in order that I played them, couple on way out and back thrown in there also.
1. Cottonmill, Kearney Nebraska
2. Sundance Trail, Red Feather Lakes
3. Beaver Meadows, Red Feather Lakes
4. Winter Park, Winter Park
5. Peak One, Frisco
6. Bailey, Bailey
7. Beaver Ranch, Conifer
8. Ghost Town, Russell Gulch
9. Colorado Mountain College, Glenwood Springs
10. Crested Butte, small 9 hole in town?
11. Crested Butte, Short
12. Crested Butte 10-3@CB Long
13. Jones-West, Emporia KS
14. Waterworks, Kansas City MO.
15. Smithville Blackthorn Course, Smithville MO

Ok so for an example it would go like
1. Justin Trails, 4.6
2. Zobel, 4.55
3. Heistand, 4.0
etc
etc
Thought this might be fun, again mine are done but would like to see what others liked.

My favorite courses are Beaver Ranch in Conifer and Colorado Heights University in Denver. But I hear Bucksnort DGC is the place to be. Anyone who played it can comment? Rocky Mountain Village in Empire is another one on my to do list this summer. In addition, I really enjoyed Pueblo City Park when I was there last year.

Last edited:
I can't qualify to rate the courses, as i've only played 3 on your list. I do have a few of the others wish-listed, and should be able to knock some of those out when i'm out there labor day week. It looks like you really made great use of your time, and you were able to hit quite a few quality, somewhat isolated courses while you were out there. You gotta tell me what you thought of the Crested Butte area. Is it beautiful around there or what?...

I wouldn't expect anyone to have played all the same courses. Crested Butte is indeed a great area. Just drive a few miles out of town and pitch a tent. Got a hot dog from a guy on the corner and a burger at the Gas Café. A bit tough to get there via Glenwood Springs area but yes beautiful a neat place.

I'm making a trip out to CO in Oct and was already looking for info on some of the CO courses specifically on your list. So I'll be interested to check back here and see how people rate them.

Meanwhile...I've played three on your list.

1. Water Works, KC - 4/5 (good course but not as good as what I would expect based on DGCR ranking)
2. Cottonmill, Kearney - 3.5/5 (solid course, more fun than I expected)
3. Jones, Emporia, 2.5/5 (long, flat, open)

1. Colorado Mountain College, Glenwood Springs 4.75
2. Beaver Ranch, Conifer 4.0
3. Bailey, Bailey 3.75
4. Sundance Trail, Red Feather Lakes 3.5
5. Ghost Town, Russell Gulch 3.25
6. Beaver Meadows, Red Feather Lakes 3.0

Can't wait to get back to Glenwood again. I remember at the end of hole 14 just saying to myself: "phenomenal".

CO Courses

OK so got back from a nice Colorado DG vacation and thought it would be fun to have you rate the 15 courses in order of fun that I played, then give a rating to the courses you have played that I also played. I have my ratings and order done already but would like to see yours first. Here are the courses in order that I played them, couple on way out and back thrown in there also.
1. Cottonmill, Kearney Nebraska4.5
2. Sundance Trail, Red Feather Lakes4.7
3. Beaver Meadows, Red Feather Lakes4.4
4. Winter Park, Winter Park4.6
5. Peak One, Frisco4.2 - used to be a 5
6. Bailey, Bailey4.9
7. Beaver Ranch, Conifer5
8. Ghost Town, Russell Gulch
9. Colorado Mountain College, Glenwood Springs4.9
10. Crested Butte, small 9 hole in town?
11. Crested Butte, Short
12. Crested Butte 10-3@CB Long
13. Jones-West, Emporia KS
14. Waterworks, Kansas City MO.
15. Smithville Blackthorn Course, Smithville MO

Ok so for an example it would go like
1. Justin Trails, 4.6
2. Zobel, 4.55
3. Heistand, 4.0
etc
etc
Thought this might be fun, again mine are done but would like to see what others liked.

Ratings in red

Ok, I think I got this..? Out of the stuff I've played that you've played.

1. Crested Butte 10-3@CB Long
2. Bailey, Bailey
3. Beaver Ranch, Conifer
4. Colorado Mountain College, Glenwood Springs
5. Waterworks, Kansas City MO.
6. Peak One, Frisco
7. Cottonmill, Kearney Nebraska
8. Crested Butte, Short

I don't really rate or review courses but out of the courses you posted, this is my order from first to last in terms of "fun factor".