• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indianapolis courses

Jeffrey2636

I am in Indianapolis area for a few days. Staying north of the city in Carmel but don't mind driving a little. Whats the favorites around the area?

Thanks for the help.

i would recommend George Washington park(Indy), The hill @ Northview Church (Carmel), & James Dillon in Noblesville. i like those three.

George Washington Park and Brookside Park are the two that I've enjoyed.

I played the hill while I was up that way. Grass tees were a little hard to find, and we had a really hard time navigating in a few spots. Take a map, or be prepared to be married to your smartphone while you're walking it. The course is well cared for and a bit more open than I'm used to. It was mostly deserted.

Just to let everyone know. 17 2'-5' White pines have been planted on holes 12-18 at Dillon. We plan on also planting more tall (10'-15') grass next spring. The back 9 WILL be more challenging!

For a short road trip you can hit my old stomping grounds right up I-65. I used to live in Lebanon Indiana and you can get off at the SR-39 exit. Wendy's will be catty-wampus across the road. Turn right and turn right again. The road almost doubles back on itself. Follow the road to the park, it is less than a mile.

I forgot I have a doctors appt. At 1:30. I'm not sure if i can meet you before dark. Also, I may work in the morning.

I'm going to try to play Brookside (~9:15 am) George Washington (~11am) The Hill (~1pm) and James Dillon (~3pm) today.

Tomorrow Maybe I'll make it up to Cullom, Biddle, Longley, and Avon Town Hall. We'll see how things are going.

Sorry, I couldn't make it out. Fyi Camp Cullom is seasonal. I'd call first before heading there. The link under links/files on the page isn't working,for me. I believe they close it at the first of Nov. Hope you enjoyed the courses!?

Overall the Indianapolis public courses did not impress me. Of course I had a good time, George Washington and Brookside were good, I used most every shot/disc in my bag, some fun elevation and sevral decent holes, but in all were fairly big arm mostly open courses that were enjoyable though nothing extraordinary.

Brookside gets exciting on a windy day. There's also a few fun temp holes that use that big drainage basin a little more that get used in tournaments.

Overall the Indianapolis public courses did not impress me. Of course I had a good time, George Washington and Brookside were good, I used most every shot/disc in my bag, some fun elevation and sevral decent holes, but in all were fairly big arm mostly open courses that were enjoyable though nothing extraordinary.

You'll enjoy Camp Cullom,if its open. Kinda sucks living in a mostly flat central part of the state. If you are ever in the Richmond, Indiana area make sure to check out The new course there.

Latest posts