• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Infinite Discs Cohort

SD86

Banned
Infinite Discs has just put out the Cohort. 3.5/4/0/1 are the numbers, and it's available in D-blend and R-blend (DX and R-pro equivalents). Anyone on Team Infinite can tell us more about this mold?

Infinite Discs has just put out the Cohort. 3.5/4/0/1 are the numbers, and it's available in D-blend and R-blend (DX and R-pro equivalents). Anyone on Team Infinite can tell us more about this mold?

You got it!

The Cohort is a bit faster than the other puttters in the Infinite Discs lineup (Tomb, Myth and Scarab) and is beadless. To me it feels a bit like the old discontinued Innova Ace in the hand, though I know it is not based on that disc at all. If you've thrown the Scarab, the Cohort is like the faster version of that. The feel is different, but the flight is about the same.

I've had limited time with it, being here in Afghanistan and all, but its a very workable upshot-driving type putter. For me, I prefer my driving putters to have a little more stability and I greatly prefer the Tomb for this role. For a player with more finesse and skill, however, I think the Cohort will be a pretty popular addition. Especially in R-Blend plastic, where it will hit and stick on long runs and upshots.

You got it!

The Cohort is a bit faster than the other puttters in the Infinite Discs lineup (Tomb, Myth and Scarab) and is beadless. To me it feels a bit like the old discontinued Innova Ace in the hand, though I know it is not based on that disc at all. If you've thrown the Scarab, the Cohort is like the faster version of that. The feel is different, but the flight is about the same.

I've had limited time with it, being here in Afghanistan and all, but its a very workable upshot-driving type putter. For me, I prefer my driving putters to have a little more stability and I greatly prefer the Tomb for this role. For a player with more finesse and skill, however, I think the Cohort will be a pretty popular addition. Especially in R-Blend plastic, where it will hit and stick on long runs and upshots.

Thanks for the report. And stay safe in Afghanistan! :thmbup:

The first review says between a Dart and XD.

Before I read that, my first thought was flat top Dart or XD.

Now if it is between a Dart and XD maybe :rolleyes: I can hope they make a big bead version to be between a Classic ROC and Dart type disc. Then you have a R-Pro or DX Classic ROC like disc, the DX or old Pro Classic ROC was nice for me but I like the Pro Shark dome ones Yet not the modern Star version that a person I knew got to try the mold, I felt the disc and the dome was like a domed mistake Aero X-out. He now uses mostly Discraft with the Star Cayman and Gator in a few OS plastics as the approach disc.

It's the old mold XD. Loving it back in the bag (I removed the XD when it was too hard to find more of them). Friend of mine loves it too - it's just as good as it was back in the day - your super straight glidey P/A for 200' touch shots and in. The D Blend has dome on it, but glides sooooo far (because of the dome). The R Blend is a flat top, but beats up really fast. I'm using both.

I'm not sure I'd classify this as the old mold XD...pretty domey for that IMO. I can definitely see the XD/Dart love child comparison. The one I have has been getting quite a bit of air time as it is really straight and glidey. I'd put it at the following numbers.

Speed: 3.5
Glide: 6
Turn: 0
Fade: 0

It's like a speed 3'ish Comet in terms of flight.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd classify this as the old mold XD...pretty domey for that IMO. I can definitely see the XD/Dart love child comparison. The one I have has been getting quite a bit of air time as it is really straight and glidey. I'd put it at the following numbers.

Speed: 3.5
Glide: 6
Turn: 0
Fade: 0

It's like a speed 3'ish Comet in terms of flight.

The D Blend domed up ridiculously but the glide is insane.
I however, assure you that it is the old mold XD - I asked one of the Infinite employees and that is what it is. R blend is flat and normal. If you only have the D, that might be why.

I'd put the D Blend at 3.5 6 0 0 too.
R Blend is more 3.5 4 0 0.5.

Yup...mine is the D blend. Might have to snag one of the R blends. I really like the flight of the D, just not comfortable in the hand with the amount of dome on it.

Domey AND like the XD? I'm confused...

I'm seeing talk of this being like the old XD and also of it being domey, which the original XD most certainly was NOT. Can someone please post a side/profile picture of the Cohort and tell us what plastic it is?

I am specifically interested in the G-Blend, since I like Innova discs in GStar.

VNPcN1G.png

Last edited:
I picked up a d-blend cohort, as i used an xd for many years and wanted to find something pretty similar. I have thrown it yet, but compared it to my old xd and can say that they are not exactly the same. For reference, my xd is a very early ontario mold with the very-micro microbead. The two discs are the same diameter. The cohort it a bit domed, but i would probably attribute that more to the plastic and cooling. Other than that it looks identical from the parting line up. The cohort appears to at least a milimeter taller from the parting line down, with the extra height seeming to all be in the wing. The angle of the wings seem to be the same, and they are both straight. On the underside, the cohort has the same tooling stamps that all current innova discs have, which includes the word "cohort" just south of the injection scar. It will be hard to do a close comparison in flight, as my xd has close to 3 decades of wear. In general, i think its pretty fair to call it an iteration of an xd. Whether its close enough to any specific xd to satisfy everyone is probably up for debate. My guess is that its closer to my xd than some of the later xd iterations. If people really want to see for themselves, i can post photos.

Latest posts