• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

FTFY. "Innovation differs from improvement in that innovation refers to the notion of doing something different rather than doing the same thing better."

You can improve an existing idea through innovation. Everything eventually runs out of ways to improve it.

Last edited:
My only concerns with this thing is the nubs by the rim and the durability of the rim. The nubs make me think that the molding is kinda sketchy, possibly breakable, and not secure (at least not as secure as MVP), and the soft outer rim just makes me think of non-durable plastic. I kinda wanna try one, so I'll have to tell my local disc guy to get some and let me have some test throws.

People like you, are the reason people like me buy and throw MVP :)

I don't think anyone throws MVP because they have an overmold, they just make very good, competitive and consistent discs that people enjoy throwing more than other products on the market.

MVP is more than just innovative with an overmold (they are the first ones to do it correctly and successfully), but they use math and physics to make discs fly as efficiently as possible. One of the owners is a Physics/Math major.

The only thing that pisses me off is when people act with total ignorance or close mindedness.

Can't wait to give the Innova Atlas a try, but the injection stubs under the rim are a huge turn off right away... not sure why innova chose to do that.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

The rim is chemically bonded, those nubs are just injection point and are also bonded. So I was told.

The nubs won't affect anything and I would assume they will barely be noticed unless you grip it on the spot in which case you would spend .0005 of a second moving the disc in your hand. I can't see them being a real issue.

Because of Innova and the Atlas I'm going to stop flushing my poop at public toilets.

The rim is chemically bonded, those nubs are just injection point and are also bonded. So I was told.
Where are MVP rims injected?

Innova's description makes it sound like injecting underneath the rim is what enabled them to inject over flight plate...which I guess is somehow different from MVP's interlocking overmold. What's the implication here?

Why, because people throw a disc over another because they like it better?

I have thrown almost every disc you can buy and i throw what i like best.. that's closed minded?

The original phrasing sounded more like you were saying that MVP discs are just...better than anything else. End of discussion. For ever. Of all time.

They are just as round and disc like as the next thing, if you prefer them, cool.