• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Backpack Bag

Meulen

Eagle Member
Posted on Facebook and Instagram. Caption: "Just in time for the holidays. #DiscGolf #ComingSoon"

No, that was the only picture posted so far. If it is in fact their own bag, and not a re-branded Grip for example, I'm curious to see where they price it. Today's backpack bags really shouldn't be retailing for much over $100. Will Innova follow current market pricing or create waves and price their bag to beat out the competition. I'm intrigued to see what happens.

Could it be a version of the 2015 Asia Open bag ?

AOBagBlack.gif

The image is difficult to see, but if I tilt my computer screen it doesn't appear to match the AO bag. The putter pocket doesn't look to be made from a mesh material, and I can make out the Innova logo on the putter pocket as well.

Tried to lighten the image, but as you can see it gets extremely pixelated.

On a separate note, I look at a bag like the Jansport Odyssey that retails for $100 and wonder why disc golf specific bags cost twice as much. Sure the construction is slightly different, but there is a lot to the Jansport bag as well.

On a separate note, I look at a bag like the Jansport Odyssey that retails for $100 and wonder why disc golf specific bags cost twice as much. Sure the construction is slightly different, but there is a lot to the Jansport bag as well.

Not really a fair comparison. Disc golf companies are so small scale comparatively that the manufacturing costs are prohibitive. That's why we saw a real retailer able to price a bag much lower then the rest of the market.

Don't get me wrong, the prices agrevate me too. I'm shopping for a new hiking pack right now, and even the top of the line packs are still cheaper then disc golf packs. And these are packs designed to go thru hell and hold up for years and thousands of trail miles

Not really a fair comparison. Disc golf companies are so small scale comparatively that the manufacturing costs are prohibitive. That's why we saw a real retailer able to price a bag much lower then the rest of the market.

Don't get me wrong, the prices agrevate me too. I'm shopping for a new hiking pack right now, and even the top of the line packs are still cheaper then disc golf packs. And these are packs designed to go thru hell and hold up for years and thousands of trail miles

That sounds like a new thread: Is the High Cost of Premium Disc Golf Backpacks hurting the sport? :confused:

Looks like there is discussion over on Reddit covering the same topic...

A couple comments of note:
1. Sounds like Dave D. was carrying one, or at least talking about the bag.
2. Rumored to be under $100 retail
3. Similar to Grip in size and design, maybe holds a few less discs.

I also saw a photo on Facebook posted by Patrick Brown from the So Cal Championships. The backpack on the stool in the bottom right of the picture looks to have an Innova logo on it...

High end hiking packs are way more than disc golf backpacks. My Arcteryx naos 70 was four fitty. That's almost a cart and a bag

I'm glad Innova is doing a cheaper alternative.

But that said, I think the majority of people who have actually splurged on a Grip/Mahal/Ranger/Ect/Expensive Disc Golf Backpack Bag ends up wishing they bought the damn bag sooner. I wasted money on cheap stuff like innova standard, magellans, then moved up to multiple crunch bags (lite to a crunch to a tourney + straps) and then finally to an Upper Park design and Grip Backpack.

If I just invested earlier in a nice backpack bag even at $200-$250 (because I knew I was addicted to disc golf for life early and would be playing a lot of rounds and tourneys) I would've saved money in the long run.

High end hiking packs are way more than disc golf backpacks. My Arcteryx naos 70 was four fitty. That's almost a cart and a bag

Well that's absurd. I hope you were sumitting Everest or something. Even the cuben fiber packs are barely over 300. And that's the most expensive material you can use

This looks pretty nice from what you can see of it so far. I would also guess that the price would be set from $100-129.95 retail coming for them.

I dont really need a backpack style bag but being an Innova dealer means I can grab one at cost+shipping....:D.

Latest posts