• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Hammer (shark stamp) Review

The Tool Hammer was an Ace with a bead. The Wedge Hammer had the same diameter and such so I assume the same top, but the wing was more concave to I think try to make it more overstable.

It's one of those things, though. They were close enough in flight and I was bad enough at throwing that it was essentially the same disc to me. It's kinda hard to compare two discs when you can't replicate a throw with either one of them. :\

Last edited:
It has a concave wing.
Is it red? Every Classic Hammer that I saw in the 90's was red.

picture.php

The Shark Hammer was a 21.7 cm in the Roc/Shark/Cobra family. The Tool Hammer and Wedge Hammer were small diameter, but they re-released the Wedge Hammer as the Classic Hammer in the mid 90's and I'm betting that is what those are.

NECROTIME!

What would you say the flight numbers were on the shark Hammer? Picked one up and I'm being anal and sorting all my circle stamps by speed and stability :|

-edit- See also: Puma

Last edited:
NECROTIME!

What would you say the flight numbers were on the shark Hammer? Picked one up and I'm being anal and sorting all my circle stamps by speed and stability :|

-edit- See also: Puma
Shark Hammer was weird; it was sold as "Unbreakable" back in the all-base-plastic days, and it was unbreakable due to a thick flight plate. So the weight distribution from flight plate to wing was all off and it was slllooowww. 3/3/-1/2 maybe? It really sucked. However I'm sure Innova would give it a 4 for speed because it's a mid, so 4/3/-1/2? Something like that. If I was sorting I'd have it between the Cobras and the Stingrays.

Puma was like 5/3/-1/1 or around there maybe. It was kinda Panther-ish but a little more stable so far as I recall. If I was sorting them I'd just put it next to the Panthers.

Does that help?

Somewhat. Sounds like the wider rim on the Hammer (suggesting maybe a 5 or 6 speed) did not see real-world benefits.

picture.php

I'm not sure what the difference was between that Hammer and the Hammer Head.

picture.php

Hammer Heads still were "unbreakable" but they also floated; that might be the only difference as otherwise they seem the same. I legit never threw the Hammer Head. It seemed to be the same disc and I threw enough Hammers to know I wouldn't like it.