• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Pig

I carry a Pig for putting or driving into heavy wind. I don't putt with it anymore because I had too many bounce-outs. I had the same bounce-out issue with the dart.

I carry a Pig for putting or driving into heavy wind. I don't putt with it anymore because I had too many bounce-outs. I had the same bounce-out issue with the dart.

I love the pig, helped my average score drop a few strokes for sure. Alot of the holes in my local course were under 200 feet, and I was having trouble with disc selection. The pig is great for many short holes, it doesn't have a lot of glide, so it's a lot harder to overshoot a hole. Miid-range discs like the buzz have a lot of glide and i started overshooting the hole too easily.

I have flicked the pig 265ft on a slightly downhill hole, but I flick it around 200 feet and can go on ace runs and can still get the birdie because it dies quickly, doesn't skip or roll away from the hole.

P.S: I tried the pig as a putter, and i don't like the bounce outs as well. I use a flx drone almost exclusively for puts 20 feet and under on windy days. Even from 10 feet out, a windy gust will steer a putter off course sometimes.

Last edited:
Still think Innova needs to make this in light pink. Just picked up an orange one last w/e, they had a light green , and a light and dark blue, but still no pink. C'mon Innova, as popular as this disc is getting, go PINK

Excited about some new Pigs I just picked up and wasn't sure where to post it so I dug deep to resurrect this twelve year old thread.

Picked up a pair of KC Pro glow Pigs and these things are what Pigs should be- stiff and perfectly flat. None of that domey, R-Pro garbage.

Any time they're cranking up the machines to make a run of Pigs and somebody grabs a box of R-Pro pellets for the machine that person should be slapped for not grabbing the KC instead.

Excited about some new Pigs I just picked up and wasn't sure where to post it so I dug deep to resurrect this twelve year old thread.

Picked up a pair of KC Pro glow Pigs and these things are what Pigs should be- stiff and perfectly flat. None of that domey, R-Pro garbage.

Any time they're cranking up the machines to make a run of Pigs and somebody grabs a box of R-Pro pellets for the machine that person should be slapped for not grabbing the KC instead.

Wouldn't that just be Pro unless they can convince The Champ to bag the Pig? I have a couple of the current tour Pigs w/rainbow stamps on their way, due to arrive Wednesday. We have KC, JK, and McPro and it's all the same plastic. Wondering when we get a mass produced RW Pro Pig for Ricky.

Wouldn't that just be Pro unless they can convince The Champ to bag the Pig? I have a couple of the current tour Pigs w/rainbow stamps on their way, due to arrive Wednesday. We have KC, JK, and McPro and it's all the same plastic. Wondering when we get a mass produced RW Pro Pig for Ricky.

All of their pro plastic confuses me.

I have a 2019 Ricky Pig marked pro. It is super stiff and slightly concave and I love the plastic and it is by far my personal favorite.

Obviously, most of the Pigs made in the last several years are the R-Pro. I think any of them that actually turn out flat are set aside for the Wysocki tour series and even some of those aren't exactly flat. The R-pro seems a bit softer and more rubbery than my 2019 Pro Pig.

The ones I just picked up are actually penned KC and feel just like the plastic on the KC pro Rocs. They are stiff and perfectly flat.

So I like the one marked Pro, and I like the ones marked KC, the R-Pro ones are pretty hit and miss for what I like in a Pig- stiff and flat.

I got my 2 rainbow stamp Ricky Pro Pigs in the mail from OTB this week. Took a pic of them charged up to glow and one to show off the rainbow stamps
f2d0d75e04f0f23fa2782d04188b306b.jpg

06d4a0d428b845941275dce76f41f175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two light pink Ricky Pigs and a bright pink R Pro Pig. Plenty of pink pigs out there :cool:

Still think Innova needs to make this in light pink. Just picked up an orange one last w/e, they had a light green , and a light and dark blue, but still no pink. C'mon Innova, as popular as this disc is getting, go PINK

RPro Pig

Tried a Pig out for the first time recently. Mine is RPro, 175g. The plastic itself is grippy/rubbery despite being fairly stiff. My Pig has a slight dome, which gives the disc a weird look. Every Gator and Rhyno I've ever seen have been flat.

I've never been a fan of RPro plastic for drivers because it has horrible durability. With the Pig I saw some durability issues that I'll discuss in a bit.

Anyway, the disc itself seems to be a hybrid of a Gator and Rhyno. The Pig has a very unique look and feel. IMO it feels like a Rhyno, but flies like a Gator. I found the Pig to be very workable, reliable, and accurate. Despite only throwing it a handful of times, the disc performed great. The Pig reminds me a lot of something like a Harp or Zone. Slow and straight with a decent late fade. I would never use the Pig for putting, but I found it great for backhand shots on short par 3's. I didn't try it for any upshots, but I think the Pig would do fine there, too.

Flightwise, the Pig is pretty basic. Slow, straight, and with a moderate late fade. I won't go as far as to call the fade dumpy. Despite this disc's name, I didn't find it to be brutishly glideless or overstable. I was able to push the Pig hard, and it responded well with a little extra distance. I even threw it high anhyzer once, and the disc flew a graceful S curve before coming back reliably. What impressed me even more with the Pig was that it still flew well when I powered down on it. Same mellow flight, just less distance.

The Pig lands softly and sticks. I didn't have any bad bounces, skips, or roll aways.

The Pig is listed at 3, 1, 0, 3. I would have to amend that to 3, 3, 0, 3. The Pig isn't a super glider, but it's definitely better than the 1 it's been given. I didn't notice any turn, and the fade isn't ridiculously dumpy or harsh.

Conclusions: The Pig is a surprisingly good disc. I didn't know how much I'd like this disc going in, and I was expecting something beefier and shorter. The Pig will actually cover distance pretty well if you throw it hard. The Pig has good hand feel, and I was able to throw it accurately immediately. The disc lands softly and doesn't seem prone to bad rolls or skips. I'm not a huge fan of RPro plastic, and the rim of the Pig did sustain a few scuffs despite not being thrown many times. I'd like to try this mold in star. The Pig is a great alternative to a Zone or Harp, and could be useful to pretty much any disc golfer. Frankly, this is a better disc than I was expecting.

Pretty easy to overpower the 3 speed rating to make a Pig feel like it has more glide. I also think the dome really affects the speed & glide for these. I'd give flight ratings for flat ones are probably 4/2/0/2+ and domey are 3.5/1+/0/3+. The torque resistance is very high allowing players to throw them with high initial speed and the thumbtrack will keep it stable and slow it down pretty quickly.

I really like the stiff R-Pro used for Pigs which allows them to have great grip and beat in to really workable approach discs. Scuffs really don't affect the flight much. The domey ones can be flattened a bit with hot water.

I'd like to try a Pig out but I'm pretty happy overall with my Zone. Seems like they'd both serve the same purpose. Anybody bag both?

I'd like to try a Pig out but I'm pretty happy overall with my Zone. Seems like they'd both serve the same purpose. Anybody bag both?

I don't bag both at the same time. The Zone, Harp, and Pig are similar enough that bagging one of them is just fine.

I really wanted to like and bag the Zone and it's one of the few discs that I can actually forehand decently. Being very backhand dominant I actually like the Zone the least because I have trouble getting the distance correct and was typically going long of my target. For me the Pig is a very point and shoot type of disc compared to the Zone or even the Harp. Need the Pig to go 180'? Just throw it 180'. Need it to land around 220'? Then just throw it 220'.

I don't bag both at the same time. The Zone, Harp, and Pig are similar enough that bagging one of them is just fine.

I really wanted to like and bag the Zone and it's one of the few discs that I can actually forehand decently. Being very backhand dominant I actually like the Zone the least because I have trouble getting the distance correct and was typically going long of my target. For me the Pig is a very point and shoot type of disc compared to the Zone or even the Harp. Need the Pig to go 180'? Just throw it 180'. Need it to land around 220'? Then just throw it 220'.

I think I remember you being an Envy thrower also. Does the Pig overlap with a premium plastic Envy?

Asking because I currently use two stable approach discs depending on if I am BH (Berg) or FH (Zone) on the shot. I have thought about trying to condense those into one disc and Pig seems like a possible answer. But, I'm not sure if the Pig is too close to my Envies which are not leaving the bag.

I think I remember you being an Envy thrower also. Does the Pig overlap with a premium plastic Envy?

Asking because I currently use two stable approach discs depending on if I am BH (Berg) or FH (Zone) on the shot. I have thought about trying to condense those into one disc and Pig seems like a possible answer. But, I'm not sure if the Pig is too close to my Envies which are not leaving the bag.

They don't overlap in my bag.

I haven't had a premium Envy in my bag in a while though. I bag an electron firm Envy that is my dead straight or slow turnover disc depending on how hard I hit it.

The Pig is for shots that I definitely want to fade at the end or that I really want to throw hard without worrying about it moving right or turning over on me.

They coexist nicely in my bag.

I don't really throw forehands though so the backhand Envy turnover is kind of my forehand approach shot.

I would never use the Pig for putting, but I found it great for backhand shots on short par 3's.
That's funny, because putting is exactly what I've been using my 175g R-Pro Pig for lately. My local course has the old DGA Mach III baskets which are not the best at catching, and the rubbery Pig really grabs the chains.:)

My wife actually putts with Pigs and it works pretty well for her.

She seems to push or pitch within about twenty feet and beyond that she has kind of an Emerson Kieth looking putt that is more throw than putt but the Pig really seems to work for her.

The only time I'll putt my Pig is for easy tap ins or sometimes when the wind is up. (Although I've mostly just been flipping my normal putter upside down when it's windy.)

Latest posts