• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Rollo

Yeah I think just as we can go too overstable with some discs, so they don't travel as far because they fade hard and just want to dive to the ground - we can do the same with too understable discs, and they end up rolling too early and strong and end up cut rolling into the ground and spinning out. I plan on getting one of these and testing them out myself, but I'm not sure how much I'd use it.
I played a course with a lot of low ceiling shots but had short grass fairways. The rollo was incredible, I was getting putts on holes I never could get airshots to. I just love stupid flippy so this disc is a blast.

I don't throw rollers and have been throwing the Rollo with hyzer like Autocrosscrx. It's a lot of fun, but getting just the right amount of hyzer for the turn you need on a specific hole is a very touchy thing. It will stay in the bag for a few more rounds because it's so crazy understable, but my Eclipse Paradox will most likely take it's spot back soon enough.

funny how people get salty about these discs. it seems to me like a. this means that dg is growing and manufacturers are pushing the limits of disc golf. I was watching youtube reviews and reading here, which a lot of these were neg and even led to an argument.

why not think outside the box? as the sport grows, esp in the US with younger and older casual players, stuff like this might work for lower arm speed. Its 20$, which at this point is like 5$, a burger and fries and a drink with a 2 dollar tip. Not everyone is out to be a pro and some people just wanna have fun. just sayin. Ill come back and do a little review, but til then lets just have fun and lighten up

what I get from the Rollo at 180g is just an understable mid. Paradox in non glow plastic is much more understable. Its a workable disc and i can see it getting more flippy because its definitely understable, but out of the box i'd say its about like a stig or lobster. maybe a touch more understable but not a huge difference. Maybe a star wombat3.
More testing tomorrow

I've had mine in my bag for 10'ish rounds. For the most part, things have gone wrong when I throw it. I think I'm starting to figure it out, though.

If I throw it with a lot of hyzer, it goes straight with a touch of finish. My Stratus flips up and goes perfectly straight or finishes gently right with the same shot.

If I throw it slight hyzer to flat, it flips up and turns. A lot. My Stratus give me more of a late turn, which seems to be useful in more situations.

If I throw it hard slight hyzer to flat, it burns over and cut rolls.

If I throw it flat to anny, it burns over and cut rolls.

If I throw it hard flat to anny, it burns over and cut rolls early.

If I try to throw a roller, it sometimes gives me really cool rollers. I'm yet to get a first birdie on a hole rolling this disc, but I've thrown 2 that are etched in my head and make look for chances to roll it.

I'm keeping it in the bag, but treating it as a roller/scramble only disc. It is just too touchy for me for airshots.

I'll just chime in and say the Mirage and Manta are worth considering as an understable approach disc or mid. Both are in production, come in multiple plastics (DX and Star are production, with limited releases of Champion and GStar. Also the Infinite Discs Kon Tiki is the Mirage in some flashy plastic and color options. That said, Innova is pushing the Rollo as hard as any disc I've seen in years, so it's likely going to be in production for awhile. While only in Star now, they should have more plastic options later, and they have a limited Holiday Glow Champion option out now.

funny how people get salty about these discs. it seems to me like a. this means that dg is growing and manufacturers are pushing the limits of disc golf. I was watching youtube reviews and reading here, which a lot of these were neg and even led to an argument.

why not think outside the box? as the sport grows, esp in the US with younger and older casual players, stuff like this might work for lower arm speed. Its 20$, which at this point is like 5$, a burger and fries and a drink with a 2 dollar tip. Not everyone is out to be a pro and some people just wanna have fun. just sayin. Ill come back and do a little review, but til then lets just have fun and lighten up
I'm pretty sure this is just a reimagined stingray. It's very far from outside the box

I love throwing rollers, but don't need a gimmick disc to throw them. If others throw more rollers because of this disc, I think that will bring a lot more variety of skill to many people's game

I'm pretty sure this is just a reimagined stingray. It's very far from outside the box

I love throwing rollers, but don't need a gimmick disc to throw them. If others throw more rollers because of this disc, I think that will bring a lot more variety of skill to many people's game
i like it more for the hyzer flip turnover shots than i do rollers

I'm intrigued and will probably give it shot at some point. I literally just bought a DX Manta AND Stingray a few weeks ago though.

There's nothing wrong with flippy putters, mids, anythings really. I'm honestly kind of impressed that Innova went this direction. Everyone else (besides MVP) is going the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm now bagging a DX Condor and a couple Rocs. I like big birds I guess. I also love not $25 plus plastic.

I'm intrigued and will probably give it shot at some point. I literally just bought a DX Manta AND Stingray a few weeks ago though.

There's nothing wrong with flippy putters, mids, anythings really. I'm honestly kind of impressed that Innova went this direction. Everyone else (besides MVP) is going the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm now bagging a DX Condor and a couple Rocs. I like big birds I guess. I also love not $25 plus plastic.
In star plastic. To compare it to the Stingray family. It's a lot more under stable than either the Manta or the Stingray.
I took it out with my Ontario Stingray, and Mako3 to test what it would do in relation to them. Those discs were both more manageable than the Rollo across the range of hyzer to anhyzer in the 200-260' range, and would finish. The Rollo wanted to get to the ground at the release angles I was using with the others. I could get it to finish, but it feels like it will take more touch to accurately group it in relation to the others. It's also a LOT more comfortable in the hand than the original Stingray (dx, and Kat Mertsch) molds.

I just had to get one 172g and shot #1 I gave it good hyzer I thought and it flipped to flat and kept flipping 😅 Wasn't a roller but no need for a sidearm now 😁

I did try a roller and it worked fine for someone who never throws rollers. Still fades a little if thrown 100' of course. Definitely less stable than Stingray or even Eclipse Paradox. Last shot got blasted into first available (poor alignment choice) so it's probably even more now.

Halo or Champ would be soooooo good...

I love the Rollo! Playing disc golf at altitude isn't easy as everything acts so much more overstable up here but the Rollo is still flippy high up in the mountains. If I throw it flat it anhyzers by itself but doesn't roll over, if I throw it with anhyzer it rolls, and if I throw it with hyzer it gives me some of the best hyzer flips even challenging the distance on my drivers. I'm a weenie arm who throws mostly light stuff and I can still get this thing over. Most discs that are considered understable are stable or overstable at just under a mile above sea level and combined with my lack of athletic talent but this thing rocks, love it. I think even in the 150g throwers (like me) should try the Rollo. The only complaint I have is the the rim is hard for me short, thick, stubby fingers. :)

The rollo rocks. If you can dial in the spin rate, you can get this to fly and still fade left after a very long glide. Many understable discs like the rollo are my favorites to throw using far less arm speed.

Learning the flights, and touch levels of the Rollo has made it a powerful disc. Crazy woods disc.

The rollo rocks. If you can dial in the spin rate, you can get this to fly and still fade left after a very long glide. Many understable discs like the rollo are my favorites to throw using far less arm speed.
Have you thrown the Discraft Glide or Innova Kite in a past life?

If so can you compare?

Have you thrown the Discraft Glide or Innova Kite in a past life?

If so can you compare?
What takes work to get a Kite to hold onto a wide anhyzer that needs to get around something and then not poop out is cake for the Rollo. Far more under stable than a Kite.