• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Spell

We have been working on some more stable runs, but it would almost take us making illegal discs (which the FAF Firebirds technically are) that are super stiff. If you need a really stable one, I believe we have a couple old HD left in the pro shop. Shoot me or Cory a message, and we will hook it up!
I have one of those old blue HD ones, they are almost stable enough but not quite. But as soon the flashing wears off all that stability is gone.🤷‍♂️

Spirit is a great disc but the ones I have go too far for this slot. The superglow and HD ones I have can go pretty darn far and when I'm wanting a FAF Firebird type disc I want one I can't throw 400+
I dont have the torque to throw my beefiest spirits (board flat HD and Diamond which are borderline tilts) as far as I can throw a FAF firebird, beefy xxx or a splice but I do agree that I don't always want that extra speed that a spirit gives. I think spirits pair great with a beefcake fairway, much like some people pair a MF Max with their firebirds. I just bag older Evo or Evo Platinums cause I can manage them better...

How does the Realm compare vs the Spell? Digging the Carnivore (ether I believe) and been throwing the NXT Spell in 172g but was wondering if the NXT Realm held the same stability (straight to fade at 435 or so with little to no turn) or possible even more because the Spell is so close to the carnivore.