• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova ProtoPack

So that looks like a grip A series w/o the front/ bottom pocket and the sides are a little different..

Add a U channel and it'll hold the sides in place so it'll stand up properly.

Ive had a u channel in the pack since day 1. doesn't help. I have also added extra side support...and doesn't help. BUT I did add a few pieces of PVC pipe to keep the sides straight and taut. So far, all is holding well. I also took discs out of the top pockets. I think that added weight, over time, pulled the sides in a bit due to sagging the middle pockets. :clap:

Ive had a u channel in the pack since day 1. doesn't help. I have also added extra side support...and doesn't help. BUT I did add a few pieces of PVC pipe to keep the sides straight and taut. So far, all is holding well. I also took discs out of the top pockets. I think that added weight, over time, pulled the sides in a bit due to sagging the middle pockets. :clap:

Which u channel did you use? The one from the Fade Tourney bag is really beefy and does the job, but I know the Innova u channels are sort of flimsy if that's what you used. I added corrugated plastic sides and I keep 3-4 discs in the putter pocket at all times with no sagging issues. And the only thing holding the sides in place is the Fade Tourney u channel (the sides and back are all one piece, with the sides folded in -- if you just added sides that will not support it well by themselves).

Which u channel did you use? The one from the Fade Tourney bag is really beefy and does the job, but I know the Innova u channels are sort of flimsy if that's what you used. I added corrugated plastic sides and I keep 3-4 discs in the putter pocket at all times with no sagging issues. And the only thing holding the sides in place is the Fade Tourney u channel (the sides and back are all one piece, with the sides folded in -- if you just added sides that will not support it well by themselves).

I used my u divider from my Innova Tourney bag so perhaps that is issue! Thank you brother. I will see about finding a replacement divider. :thmbup:

I used my u divider from my Innova Tourney bag so perhaps that is issue! Thank you brother. I will see about finding a replacement divider. :thmbup:

Sounds good, if you did the one piece/3 section corrugated plastic mod then you're good to go with a beefy u channel. One other thing you could do if you don't like how the bottom bows when full of discs -- Wal-Mart sells a plastic cutting board for $1.89 that fits in the bottom of the bag -- put it under the u channel and no more bowing!

Too late, backpack bags are so two years ago. They should have put this out sooner or just skipped it and make a Zuca type cart.

I don't see anyone around here showing me a new bag or back pack they just got. However, a number of players have shown up with Zuca's the last few months.

Too late, backpack bags are so two years ago. They should have put this out sooner or just skipped it and make a Zuca type cart.

I don't see anyone around here showing me a new bag or back pack they just got. However, a number of players have shown up with Zuca's the last few months.

So no one in Florida has bought a Pound bag? Also, lots of us who don't live on sandbars don't feel like pulling carts up and down our hills (you'd call them mountains).

I recently saw a pound bag for the first time, in Augusta, GA. I know bags still rule on mountain courses. I used my Grip bag on my recent trip to GA, SC, NC and it was great. Lets just say the likes of Highland Hills would not be very cart friendly.

I am now home in dead flat Florida and back into my converted baby stroller where I will stay until someone puts out a cart with all the features of the Zuca at 1/2 the price.

I am very excited for this new pack. I currently shoulder the Innova Hero Backpack and after multiple rounds I am close to being done with it. The side supports are horrendous. The right side of the bag leans toward the middle of the bag and it drives me insane. I have done the corrugated plastic board (2 pieces including the side support that came with the backpack) for added support, velcro pieces to hold it in place etc etc and nothing works. Very disappointing. :thmbdown:
So based on that, why would you give Innova any more of your money when there are lots of companies dedicated to making bags full time? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious.