• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is a disc the equivalent of a ball or the club?

Is a disc equivalent to a ball or a club?

• Ball

Votes: 41 29.5%
  • Club

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Apples and Oranges

Votes: 55 39.6%

• Total voters
Your arm is the club as you change it for your different shots and the disc is the ball, what you try to complete the hole with. BUT WHO CARES???

A disc holds the role of both club and ball. It is a golfing gestalt. Yet in my mind I tend to associate it more with the club. That's why I hate so much to lose them.

when the disc is in your hand its obv the club, being as some discs are made for different shots (yes ino that there are different types of balls)

when its in the air, or on the ground or in the basket its the ball, argument solved

/thread

the guy who started this thread...

Heh, not really ... this thread was borne out of a quip in another, and I thought it'd be neat to see some votes; I don't really care.

But thanks all, for the input and participation!
:)

A disc shares the roll of both a ball...

- its the projectile you set in motion whose lie marks where your next shot is
- much like golf balls, you can lose them in hazards and shule

and a club...

- you have different discs with different weights, profiles, stability characteristics intended to produce different results.

But DG and traditional golf are two completely different games with two different sets of mechanics, even if they have the same objective,, so yeah, apples to oranges.

driver, mid and putter.....sounds like a club to me

Flies through the air.....sounds like a ball to me.

Wait, half the time when I played balf, the club would fly through the air too. So I'm going with both.

Ball Golf: Arm swings the club which strikes the ball. Ball goes in hole

Disc Golf: Arm swings and throws the disc. Disc goes in "hole"

no club in disc golf.........

I'd say ball, as your arm is the "club."

Club make ball go far... arm make disc go far.

that's the logic i'm following.

....though i am curious who posed the question and what they thought they were going to interpret from the answer.

the game isn't supposed to be this 'deep' :D

Guys, I think we're all missing the greater revelation in all of this arguing.

"Club" is a really weird word when you say it over and over again.

As far as I'm concerned the disc is basically both. You throw the disc and its lie is were you play from similiar to a golf ball, but you can throw different discs designed to give different results similar to using different clubs to get different results.

So really, you can't honestly compare a disc to either a club or a ball since its both and neither at the same time.

Its an F'n disc. This is Disc golf, not golf. We use one piece of equipment per shot while those "regular" golfers have to use 2. Trying to define a Disc as a club or ball is insulting to the great utility of a disc.

It's both.

When choosing whether to throw a putter, mid, or driver, it is the club you are choosing for your distance.

The flight of the disc represents the ball. Straight, right turning, left turning. In golf you can make the ball go straight, fade, or draw with spin. I am best at making the ball fade (a controlled slice)....lol, who am I kidding, I can hit a killer slice!

club club club... haha makes me want a club sandwich YUM

haha...word!..though im a BLT man, myself.

it is a weird word though. i hear "club" and i think disc...but upon deeper analysis of the lexicon, it sounds a lot like the sound a hard piece of wood makes when making contact with animal bone structure at high velocity. that guy ritchie masterfully encapsulates that kind of carnage.

Last edited:
When I hear the word club I almost always think of the word sandwhich before anything else.

First I thought about the club Bam bam uses on the Flintstones then I thought about a club sandwich. After finishing my snack lol the word makes me think about a night club. So many possibilities...