• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is a disc the equivalent of a ball or the club?

Is a disc equivalent to a ball or a club?

• Ball

Votes: 41 29.5%
  • Club

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Apples and Oranges

Votes: 55 39.6%

• Total voters
I'd say ball, as your arm is the "club."

Club make ball go far... arm make disc go far.

True, but when you want to putt vs drive in golf, you pull out a different club, not a different ball. You can't carry extra arms, silly! Therefore, I feel it is apples vs. oranges, a disc is not spherical nor does it have a long shaft.

It is both!

But in truth ball golfer would or at least might choose a different ball for different situations if they could. But PGA rules forbid it. And they can only carry a maximum of 14 clubs including a putter. Some of us would be severly limited if we could only carry 14 discs.

Let's see... A nice hard titanium ball off the tee for those par 5s. A nice soft balata for those tricky approaches where you want max control. Pink Ladies for distance control on Par 3s.

theres good arguments to a disc being either or and both. I have to go with Apples to Oranges ... similar but different enough to be treated differently.

I would say the disc is the club and your arm is the ball, since it stays the most consistant (physically. I know you can throw harder or softer depending on the shot).

The discs are the equivalent to clubs. The ball in bolf stays constant and has to be a regulation size and weight. The clubs are the variable -- same with the discs in disc golf. Golf clubs obviously have differently angled heads, much like our discs.

The discs are the equivalent to clubs. The ball in bolf stays constant and has to be a regulation size and weight. The clubs are the variable -- same with the discs in disc golf. Golf clubs obviously have differently angled heads, much like our discs.

So true, but you don't let go of the club, and you aren't expected to put a club into the hole.

BOTH!

Option 4.

Your disc is both the ball, and the club.

That seems pretty obvious to me. But also nobody in golf cares how far you throw the club :)

\/\/

I've never played ball golf but I think your disc would be the club. Don't they swing/hit differently for different shots too? I think your arm would still be called your arm.

Latest posts