• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is it possible to beat in a DX TeeBird in one throw...

neilz4

Bogey Member
that is full power dead on into a tree?

I know the question sounds kind of ridiculous but my very first throw with it it hit a tree maybe 50 feet out in front of me dead on and just dropped flat right in front of it. There's even a slight crack in the disc where it struck.

Every time I throw it, it just flips, and I don't see any OAT on release. I threw it maybe 15 times tonight and every single time it was a flat release it turned over.

one tree...what temp did it crack..post a picture of the disc.

Apparently the crack made it severely undertsable. I'm betting cracks are quite individual and unique. Not all will have so drastic an effect.

There's no way to tell if it was the first time you threw it.

It could have just always been that way.

I found an old DX Valk I only threw maybe three times the other day. I wanted a roller disc so I went out did a full run up and threw it straight into a brick wall. Picked it up, went to the course, instant roller disc.

Don't hit trees dude.

it is unreal how stuck my discs are on trees.

wbeKE.jpg

4LQ3S.jpg

HOLY GIGANTIC PICTURE BATMAN.

Doesn't really look that bad. I've thrown worse. Sand it down a bit and it should fly pretty well.

HOLY GIGANTIC PICTURE BATMAN.

Doesn't really look that bad. I've thrown worse. Sand it down a bit and it should fly pretty well.

^^^ this ^^^

DX plastic is great to throw, but you should probably consider premium plastic when playing in the woods.

I would let it sit in some warm water to attempt to regain its shape. It's worked for me a few times with DX Rocs. That's if the disc is warped, which I'm guessing it is from your story.

hahaha...i do have a Champ TB but its max weight and i cant throw it well. I got the dx on advice i got from a post (buy a dx tb, throw it til its beat and learn how to shape lines with it) but i didnt plan on throwing it immediately into a tree off the tee.

apparently i need to shape a better line...but these huge hands...:wall:

Latest posts