• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that the various descriptors for members (e.g, "Well Known") are tied to their number of posts. But it strikes me as a flaw every time I see a "New Member" who joined 5+ years ago.

Seems like this is worth a fix. It's minor, but might be off-putting to somebody who doesn't post a lot, but isn't crazy about being "New."

On the other hand, I'd be ok with only two categories: "Well-known Member" and "Lesser Member."
It's going to have to be re-run, but it was previously a calculation, but now is based on 0,50,500,1000, etc posts.

Yes, they are
They are less than 1% of reviews .. we can probably display a badge "pre- redesign"
A "pre-redesign" badge sound like a great idea, but that wording might be confusing. How about something like "Old layout" instead?

...[Greens Reply 1]
......[Olorin's witty retort 2]
.........[Green's Vulcan logic 3]
............[Olorin's Irrational Emotional Ouburst 4]
..............[Green's impassive unflappable authoritative finale]
It should look like this...
1. Greens Impeccable wisdom
2. Olorin's witty retort
3. Green's Vulcan logic
4. Olorin's Irrational Emotional Ouburst
5. Green's unflappable authoritative Solomonic finale

I like the new deepening shades of gray! I wonder what it looks like at 50 levels?

Last edited:
Curious why everything I click opens a new window (mobile) instead of replacing/overlaying the page I'm currently on.

I just closed 7 windows I didn't even know were open until I went to switch to _______

When looking at other members, the site used to display "Courses Played in Common" which was a good icebreaker for social contact, and a terrific way to get others' opinions about courses they hadn't reviewed (indispensable for trip planning).

That listing seems to have disappeared - or at least I can't find it since the changes.

Any thoughts about bringing it back, or if it's there, how I find it?

When looking at other members, the site used to display "Courses Played in Common" which was a good icebreaker for social contact, and a terrific way to get others' opinions about courses they hadn't reviewed (indispensable for trip planning).

That listing seems to have disappeared - or at least I can't find it since the changes.

Any thoughts about bringing it back, or if it's there, how I find it?
Interesting. Will look into this.

^^^ Agreed 100%. I originally thought it must have been tied to length of time from signing up, not # of posts. Well-known Member & Lesser Member would be a great way to fix it. just across the board. maybe have it open for a vote then after that anyone that signs up is a Lesser Member for a year or some other metric.

I realize that the various descriptors for members (e.g, "Well Known") are tied to their number of posts. But it strikes me as a flaw every time I see a "New Member" who joined 5+ years ago.

Seems like this is worth a fix. It's minor, but might be off-putting to somebody who doesn't post a lot, but isn't crazy about being "New."

On the other hand, I'd be ok with only two categories: "Well-known Member" and "Lesser Member."
Totally agree that people who've been here for a while and simply haven't been active in the forum deserve respect, but I don't think "Lesser Member" gets the job done.
Sounds rather demeaning.

Why not "Member Since 2009?

... or whenever they joined.

Totally agree that people who've been here for a while and simply haven't been active in the forum deserve respect, but I don't think "Lesser Member" gets the job done.
Sounds rather demeaning.

Why not "Member Since 2009?

... or whenever they joined.
This is the right answer. I was being cheeky with "Lesser Member."

Lean into it. Anyone who can't take that joke is lesser. From Lesser you graduate to More Member. From there it's Well-Known. If, after getting the ol' WK you kind of fall off and don't log in/post much in say, a year, you go to "Obscure" or some other mysterious sounding descriptor.

"Member Since..." just doesn't feel like it has any weight behind it, it's just a statement of fact, plus it's already readily visible on anyone's profile.
Case in point, it's directly under my name to the left of this post. Also, did we switch the criteria already? What makes one an "Active Member" vs just member now? I very much like "Well-Known" as opposed to just "Member". I feel like it shouldn't be directly tied to a number of posts. I've been active on this site since like 2012, I just don't post on the forums that much. So I guess that makes me a less-active member? Where are the by-laws?

Is awaiting moderation a new thing for all posts? Does it mean my account is on watch? Why am I getting this message? I also appreciate the irony of this being reviewed before its posted and answered.

Is awaiting moderation a new thing for all posts? Does it mean my account is on watch? Why am I getting this message? I also appreciate the irony of this being reviewed before its posted and answered.
I have no idea. For some reason your posts went into an approval queue. I haven't seen that before and I have no clue why it would have happened. You should PM greens and as them to look into it.

Answered this in the other post. Posting multiple times can get your account put into watch mode, to prevent spammers.

Still tweaking the Home Page I see....

I kinda like this version even more (shorter new course cards with four across columns below).

The advantages of the new format are really beginning to show.

Still unable to edit hole info for courses that have more than 3 pin positions. Another example: just played a course that added a new pin position and is playing as a par 4. Will I ever be able to edit the hole info again?

Are we still able to insert images from our individual albums using the http link of the image?

Is the Inbox for Direct Messages still available somewhere?

I had over 100 messages from 15 years of contacts with people all over the country. I sure hope this very useful feature has not been lost!

And one more point... getting a larger Inbox was a strong incentive to become a Premium Member. That one feature went a long way to making the annual cost of membership worthwhile.

Internet sarcasm usually goes right over my head. I think it has something to do with lack of intonation.

Are we still able to insert images from our individual albums using the http link of the image?
Yes you can, you can use the IMG bbcode, the CMD+P / CTRL P to do that. I like the drag-and-drop method, but if it's in your album that might not be available to you.
Is the Inbox for Direct Messages still available somewhere?

I had over 100 messages from 15 years of contacts with people all over the country. I sure hope this very useful feature has not been lost!

And one more point... getting a larger Inbox was a strong incentive to become a Premium Member. That one feature went a long way to making the annual cost of membership worthwhile.
Yes, PM's are now known as conversations. Look for the Envelope in the header.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/conversations/

As far as inbox size, we have everyone with increased inboxes.

To erase or delete a conversation, you must leave the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts