• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a new Diamond Trusted Reviewer or two since the DGCR switcheroo, I actually gave a little thought to manually starting to update the TR Stats spreadsheet (which I swore I wouldn't try to do again). A few years ago, when I was gunning for achievements here, I inherited it and plugged it in with my signature, not knowing how else to bring it to the site...

The problem is, so many numbers have been 'lost in translation', it doesn't seem right to pretend the spreadsheet gives really top-notch information any more. There's no way The Valkyrie Kid lost ten reviews or forty fans. Other numbers are suspect.

Once the data settles into a more stable groove, it might be worthwhile to have an actually tech savvy person (Hi Dev! :) turn this voluntary spreadsheet into an auto-generated feature of the site. It would give folks back a little of the 'achievements' feel for their awesome efforts at writing great reviews!

I just tried adding a new course and it won't let me put in hole info. Even worse it assumes my location is the location of the course so the lat/lon is fixed and I can't change it. First time adding a new course since the new forums went live and this is a pain.

edit: also the state is fixed so I can't add a state outside of mine because it locks in my location. ugh!!!!

Last edited:
I've got some more to add as I like to keep the site as fresh as I can but honestly if it's going to be a pain I just won't put in the work anymore.

I just tried adding a new course and it won't let me put in hole info. Even worse it assumes my location is the location of the course so the lat/lon is fixed and I can't change it. First time adding a new course since the new forums went live and this is a pain.

edit: also the state is fixed so I can't add a state outside of mine because it locks in my location. ugh!!!!
Once you choose location on map, it will automatically set state/longitude/latitude based on selected location .. why you are unable to add hole info?

Once you choose location on map, it will automatically set state/longitude/latitude based on selected location .. why you are unable to add hole info?
I never choose a location it just put in my local info for me and wouldn't let me change it. For hole info I tried to click in the boxes for the corresponding colored tees I.E. red or blue but it won't let me type in those boxes like it used it. it acts as if I'm not even clicking.

Edit: I'm an idiot and figured out how to put in hole info. I need to clikc that arrow thing and get the drop down which is weird because it says "pin a" pin b" and so on even with courses that don't havve multiple pins - weird.

It's been a while since I've used the review side and still am not used to the change yet.

I never choose a location it just put in my local info for me and wouldn't let me change it. For hole info I tried to click in the boxes for the corresponding colored tees I.E. red or blue but it won't let me type in those boxes like it used it. it acts as if I'm not even clicking.
Dragging the marker to course location helps set course coordinates in accurate an user friendly way and helps avoid user errors .. when editing hole info .. there is an arrow to the left of hole num , click it to expand the inputs ( I will update it to be expanded by default)

Dragging the marker to course location helps set course coordinates in accurate an user friendly way and helps avoid user errors .. when editing hole info .. there is an arrow to the left of hole num , click it to expand the inputs ( I will update it to be expanded by default)
OK I'll try that thanks!

Still a bit weird though. I would much prefer that I could put in the lat/lon myself and the map would update itself like it used to. This puts even more strain on the users adding new courses. Doing a bunch of new courses like I do at times this makes me work harder than I already do. Not ideal just being honest.

Still a bit weird though. I would much prefer that I could put in the lat/lon myself and the map would update itself like it used to. This puts even more strain on the users adding new courses. Doing a bunch of new courses like I do at times this makes me work harder than I already do. Not ideal just being honest.
OK, I try to make it easier and allow both ways to set location

I've got some more to add as I like to keep the site as fresh as I can but honestly if it's going to be a pain I just won't put in the work anymore.

I've put a few new ones in and it takes some getting used to (or "unlearning" old ways and learning new ways). It takes some getting used to. But I feel overall like I have more control when adding a new course, if that makes any sense.

And yeah, learning to click on the arrows next to the holes in order to enter data is a real "palm, meet forehead" moment. I wish I could click an "All" button to open all 9 or 18 rather than clicking through each individually. Scrolling Tip: start clicking them open from the bottom (#9 or #18), and work your way up. Much easier!

I like the new way of setting the location. I do agree that editing the hole info still feels kind of clunky. Another small issue that I have noticed is that when you submit hole info changes, the next screen that pops up looks like you are still editing the hole info. You have to navigate away from that tab, then back to it to get the "normal" look with the edits. If that makes sense.

I put in my survey last month that I think the hole info could use a larger scale revamp to allow layouts with different numbers of holes, etc. That would be a longer term improvement request and not an "issue" though. I wonder if we should have a separate thread for those so they don't get lost?

One of the courses I was adding I didn't have an address for only the lat/lon and to sit there dragging the cursor while also zooming in on Google maps to get the correct, precise location at the same time is tedious. Especially when I could copy/paste the lat/lon. Also it's not intuitive to drag the map at least not to me. Was really frustrated last night sorry if I sounded a bit negative, still I find this mroe difficult than it should be.

Regarding my mobile issues...
When I open the DGCR app and press the Community link it momentarily goes to the Reptilian thread, then goes to the Forum list.
The Login/Register links are mashed over each other. Got to be careful to get the Login link.
When I click on login to enter my username and password, the little switch to "stay logged in" is barely visible.
Then I am asked to Allow access to your location...
Then I am asked to enable push notifications...

This has been going on for about five days now,
starting to get really old...

Oh, and I have tried with one and two fingers...:)
And it continues....

The process for adding photos is much improved, but there used to be a feature where you could date all of the photos you're entering with a single click. It seems that you now have to select the month/year for each photo. A bit of a pain (and an easy thing to forget) if you're uploading a bunch of photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.