• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It's a quiet Saturday night so...footwear?

I live near Portland, OR and attempted to hit up the local course yesterday. After the first hole, my converse were soaked through. :doh:

I should have known better living in the NW! I don't have a lot of cash right now so I have been on the lookout for a secondhand pair of waterproof hiking shoes.

Is there an extremely affordable and available option out there for waterproof shoes? I'm thinking <$50 and available in retail or on amazon etc.

Keep your eyes open on theclymb.com. Lots of good deals there.

I've burned through 2 pairs of Salomons and 1 pair of Asics since I started playing a year ago. I guess the twisting is causing them to rip apart at the seams. I went to Walmart tonight and picked up these. We'll see if I got what I paid for, but I can't keep going through expensive shoes.

Well, these Walmart shoes were awesome while they lasted (no pun intended). So comfy I picked up a second pair and have been alternating them. To bad ALL the tread is gone on the right of each pair. The rubber is way too soft for concrete teepads. They each have maybe 2 rounds left before I'm rotating on my flesh. So $40 for 2 pairs to last 3 months, that's $160 per year. Probably not a good value.

What's everyone else's DG shoe budget per year?

Well, these Walmart shoes were awesome while they lasted (no pun intended). So comfy I picked up a second pair and have been alternating them. To bad ALL the tread is gone on the right of each pair. The rubber is way too soft for concrete teepads. They each have maybe 2 rounds left before I'm rotating on my flesh. So $40 for 2 pairs to last 3 months, that's $160 per year. Probably not a good value.

What's everyone else's DG shoe budget per year?

I tend to buy $4 atheltic shoes at the Goodwill about every two months or so. I don't mind having used shoes, and it seems to be the best overall value.

For me cheap skate shoes are the way to go. I buy Lakai's, Vans or whatever else i find online for dirt cheap. I'm using a pair of DC i bought online for 20 bucks and they've lasted me a year. Buying expensive shoes for disc golf is a complete waste of money. Hiking boots on the other hand i have no problem spending 300 bucks for a decent pair because i get my moneys worth out of them. Shoes aren't meant to be repeatedly ground into concrete.

Latest posts