• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jakebake91 ITB

jakebake91

* Ace Member *
Been here long enough, might as well put this together....

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: About 4.

Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed

Throwing Style: RHBH

Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Ion: 220/250'; matrix: 240/265 crave: 260/300 wave 340/380

Optional:
Sex: m
Injuries/handicaps?: Cubital Tunnel Syndrome (basically carpal tunnel in the elbow) only affects multiple hard FH throws.

Other sport proficiencies?: HS baseball player

Additional Info: Happily married, father of two. Don't get to play as often as I'd like anymore.

Also of note: you will notice a trend in the brands of discs you will see listed here. I'm not a sponsored player, nor do I ever intended to be one. The decision was based on a few different things. A "fanboy" I am not. A "fan", I am. My decisions are based on much deeper reasons than "fanboyism".

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Less of a bag issue, more of a technique/ strategy issue. Need to utilize mids better. Maybe a few bag tweaks help that? Distance had taken big jumps this year, still working on trickling that down to the slower discs.

Specific areas of desired feedback: This is more for record keeping/general disc-ussion (that's a pun....).

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
165 Plasma Wave-new. First true high speed driver in my bag. Hyzerflip lines, long turnovers. Pretty flippy, even for me.

163 Cosmic Neutron Wave-new. More stable compliment to the plasma wave. Very new addition to my bag. Love it so far. Dead straight, slight fade at max power for me.

166 proton insanity-beat. Was my go to driver before the waves. Control driver, straight lines, shorter turnover shots. Can also use as a roller

159 proton wrath-os compliment to insanity. Main fh driver.

175 neutron volt-newish. Will probably drop either this or the wrath. They are fairly redundant. Carry both basically because I have room

175 plasma crave- slightlyworn- standard stable fairway driver. Usually my go-to for anything 260-300

175 Neutron Resistor-newish- for the beef. Only disc I feel safe with on a FH.

Mids:
178 plasma axis -used- straight to slightly US mid.

175 proton matrix - more OS mid. Need to throw this more. Just learned I can get it out to 270ish range.

Putters:
(2x) 171 Electron anode-putting putters.

168 plasma ion- Main throwing putter. Go to for anything sub 230'

171 proton ion-beat. Mostly a backup for all my other throwers. Was my main upshot disc for a long time. Sentimental fave.

175 Soft neutron particle-used- os throwing putter. Feel okayish forehanding this.

171 Firm E anode-trying to beat into US thrower

172 tarpit stego-humbling chuckers. Stupid OS shots. Get out of jail. Times you think a manhole lid is the disc of choice.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. Max D has taken big jumps this year. Really relearning my slower discs now. Found out I could park a 265' hole with a mid that I usually would have thrown a fairway on. Some more gaps will inevitably appear once I get more rounds in. Don't want to make any changes to this setup until I'm super comfortable with everything again.

Proton insanity is out. Lost to the depths of a pond. Loved that thing. Will need to get a replacement someday. Probably a plasma one in the spring. Didn't realize how much I still threw that thing till I no longer had it.

Proton insanity is out (lost to the depths of a pond). Replacing with a 157 and a 162 neutron Insanity. Also kicked the proton wrath out in favor of a 164 neutron wrath.

Might not keep both the Insanities in the bag, but I want to throw them both a bit and see how I like them. Both used, but hardly so. Easily 9/10. Might keep both bagged as insurance if they fly similar.

Update:
Plasma wave was dropped somewhere on a course never to be seen again. It's out, probably will replace.

Added a neutron relay, definitely a great addition to the bag

Also added a plasma Mayhem. It's too much disc for my current ability, but it's good in a headwind and I'm throwing really decent forehands with it so it's staying too. And I mean, who doesn't need moar speeeeed.

Very likely dropping the volt. At this time, it's just a space filler.

I have also turned 30 since I posted that, if that qualifies as an update too lol

Last edited:
This could use an update, a lot changed.
Max D is up to 375', can get up higher on occasion. Been up to 340-350 fh. Working on more consistency.

Drivers:
Axiom Mayhem-plasma 174g- main FH driver. Can get out to 350' on a fh line, which is awesome for me.

MVP Wave-plasma-174g- new. Gonna be my workhorse driver this season I think. Hit 388' in the field the other day, rusty as all get out. Good feels!

Wave-fission-168g-worn. Last year's primary driver.
Wave-fission-166g. New, backup.
Wave-fission-149g-might not stay. Super easy to turn. Get out of jail/trick shot disc.

Wave-cosmic neutron-163g- stablest wave.

Fairways:
Axiom Insanity-plasma-174g- new-easy to turn, but not flip
, gonna see lots of airtime.

Insanity-neutron-164g-slightly more stable.

Axiom Wrath-neutron-162g-stable compliment to Insanities

Axiom Crave-plasma-175g- worn. Dead straight to fade fairway

MVP Resistor-neutron-175g-for beefy things

MVP relay-neutron-173g-less stable fairway. Need to throw this more.

Midranges:
Axiom Hex-Neutron-175g-new
Axiom hex-neutron-169g-new
New additions. Might only keep one ITB. Super awesome straight flier.

MVP matrix-proton-175g-worn but moderately stable

Streamline Runway-cosmic neutron-167g- Uber beeeeffffyy

Putters:
MVP particle-soft neutron-165g-stable throwing putter
MVP Anode-firm Electron-beat. 171g Flippy throwing putter
MVP Ion-plasma- 168g-best throwing putter on the planet. Most thrown disc.

RDG Stego-tarpit- 174g. For Stego things.

MVP Anode-Electron-171g(x2) putting putters.

Pretty happy overall with this setup. The only changes that I might make are to drop the resistor for a fireball or flare to separate more from my Runway. Might have a lot of overlap with all the waves, but, they are also my most lost discs so I feel good carrying a few extra. I only really need probably two.

I could easily make a bag out of your bag if I dropped the driver weights down into the 150s. I would probably simplify a bit, but that doesn't mean you should.

Been a while since I threw the Ion, and I have never tossed a Particle. Can you compare the two? What different roles do they serve for you?

And hey, congrats on the distance gains! Having a strong BH and FH can simplify the game quite a bit. :thmbup:

Been a while since I threw the Ion, and I have never tossed a Particle. Can you compare the two? What different roles do they serve for you?

And hey, congrats on the distance gains! Having a strong BH and FH can simplify the game quite a bit. :thmbup:

My particle is a bit beefier. I assume it kind of compares to a decently beefy envy. Which is what I'd replace it with if ever lost it, as the particle is OOP. My ion is mostly just dead straight to a slight fade. There is a little overlap between the two, but the particle fades a decent bit more. The ion will hold a mild anny no problem, the particle will flex out. I throw the Ion every single throw I possibly can.

And the distance has been mostly positive.... however, it also means I can get even farther into the woods and shule haha. I haven't quite found the consistency to pair with it yet. And definitely rusty at the moment. Had my first field session last weekend. Wasn't super pretty. But hit a few throws I was proud of.

Came here to update this only to realize nothing is changing. Distances are a little lower right now than last update. I blame winter and a lack of playtime. Was actively pin high on multiple 330-340' holes the other day though so hopefully it's all coming back.

Hexes are now probably my most thrown mold. Those things do work all over. I'll reach for one wherever I can. Stealing work from multiple discs.

Finally feels good to kick off my 2023 season!

Latest posts