• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

James's bag

jmtobias

Despite what it may say on the side of this post, I have only been playing for a year and a half. Not two and a half. I don't think that there is much differnece in terms of experience but I thought I'd mention it. I must also admit that I have fallen prey to the lure of 12-13 speed drivers.
I want to disc down in the hopes that I can improve my game for the long run. This is what my current bag includes..
175 Pro Katana
174 Champ Groove
175 Champ Destroyer
175 Pro Wraith
170 Star Orc
175 Champ Beast
170 Champ Valk
175 Champ Firebird

2x 175 Champ TeeBirds (1 beat in)
2x 175 Whippet (1 skip disc)
170 Star Leopard
2x 175 Skeeter (1 beat in)

175 Star Rancho Roc
175 RPRo Hydra
175 Stat Aviar Driver
175 Champ Rhyno

As I said this is what is currently in the bag. If I limit myself to the teebirds, whippets, leopard, roc and rhyno, would this be sufficent? In terms of distance, I can put the teebird out to 340. This of course would become my new distance driver. Another question I have is, with these 5 molds (7 discs in total) would I need to buy additional discs? If so, what plastics should I consider getting?? Also whould

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If I limit myself to the teebirds, whippets, leopard, roc and rhyno, would this be sufficent?

How well can you control the rhyno on different lines for driving and long approaches? If you like it just for putting, keeping that aviar driver in the bag for longer throws would probably benefit your form. If your roc is pretty beat, get a new dx rancho roc, if it's not beat, get a dx rancho used or get one and throw it a lot until it's beat for turnover shots. Until then, you may want to keep a skeeter in the bag for understable mid duties.

170 Champ Valk
175 Champ Firebird

2x 175 Champ TeeBirds (1 beat in)
2x 175 Whippet (1 skip disc)
170 Star Leopard

2x 175 Skeeter (1 beat in)
175 Star Rancho Roc

Pick One:
175 Stat Aviar Driver
175 Champ Rhyno

With what you have, this is the most complete bag that's probably appropriate for your distances. If you can get the TBs out to 340' you can probably get some use out of a slower distance driver like a Valk. You should really choose b/w the Aviar Driver and the Champ Rhyno, they both excel as driving putters and overlap a lot. That should cover it. If you really want to disc down then the TBs down will work great but I think you can get away with the Valk in there.

I find that the rhyno is much to stable for me to get an anny line out of it. I can straight line it and hyzer it without an issue. Correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't the aviar drivers supposed to be fairly stable? The one that I have will flip over on me at the word "snap" Seriously though it seems pretty understable and that's why I would choose the rhyno. The roc is brand spankin new so I will look into a new dx one.

If that aviar driver is turning and burning on you, it's telling you that you have a form flaw. You're likely rolling your palm up at the end of your throw and putting too much arm into your throw and not enough spin. Spend some time working on driving with that aviar until you can cleanly throw hyzers without them flipping up, it'll benefit your throws with all your discs.

Latest posts