• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Japan Open GStar Teebird

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to impressions and photos of the new 150 class JO GStar Teebirds.

Mostly, I just want to show mine off.

I haven't had a chance to see how it flies yet, but the plastic feels really nice. It is a little less flexible than the stock GStar Leo I picked up, but it still has a lot of give to it. The PLH is a bit lower than a Champ Teebird I have, so I am excited to get it out and see if it truly has that DX Teebird flight in premium plastic.

No metal flakes in this one, but you can see some pearliness to it that my Leo does not have. It's about 80 degrees here in SoCal today, and it's not overly floppy.

It's a damn shame these things are so spendy, so hopefully stock production of Teebirds in GStar comes soon. Until then, the Octopus will do.

Love the stamp but a 150 class in a plastic that is being described as causing most molds to be less stable in the first place leaves me uninterested.

Maybe a gstar Firebird in 150 would be workable.

I love the less-stableness. It allows me to have long-wearing discs with a similar flight to perfectly worn in DX. I have a 150 starlight teebird but it isn't stable enough at all. If thee weren't so expensive including the shipping I would try one.

Love the stamp but a 150 class in a plastic that is being described as causing most molds to be less stable in the first place leaves me uninterested.

Maybe a gstar Firebird in 150 would be workable.

me3

cool looking disc but I feel like it would be a nightmare for me after a month

That sure looks nice...can't wait to hear how it flies.

As for durability, our local SoCal courses don't really have a ton of trees to hit so I think it should be fine for quite a while. When production run is released are you going to pick up a mid 160's onemile?

That sure looks nice...can't wait to hear how it flies.

As for durability, our local SoCal courses don't really have a ton of trees to hit so I think it should be fine for quite a while. When production run is released are you going to pick up a mid 160's onemile?

Yeah I'm going to try. But I am OK with high 150s in something like this. As a lefty I don't often need the meathook. Beat Teebird flight, as you know, suits my game better.

I'll find the trees, though.

The stamp is so cool, my buddy showed me three of his on saturday and they are especially glimmery/metallic.

They are b - e - a - utiful. But I personally don't like the light weights.