• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jeff Goldblum

m1shootr

Bogey Member
Pardon my ignorance, but what ties Jeff Goldblum to disc golf? I did obtain a Jeff Goldblum putter from RDC on a whim. I take it that RDC prints Gateway discs. Thanks in advance.

RDG = Reptilian Disc Golf

Reptilian Disc Golf = my little DG company that started out as a dumb basement idea that has somehow flourished

We like to produce stamps that are a little bit different than what the rest of the DG community does. Goldblum was just a silly little stamp we did as he's the best character from Jurassic Park (highly Reptilian film).

That... in a nutshell is why we put JG on a disc. No good reason besides sheer stupidity & goofiness. It is oddly comforting to see his grin shining back at you when you line up a putt though ;)

Did the Jeff Goldblum Laugh video have any influence in picking that character?

His character was great, though the "Hold onto your butts" line from Samuel L. Jackson is fantastic as well.

Last edited:
The only thing Jurassic World was missing was MOAR Jeff Goldblum

I don't think we saw the same film.

You lie! Seriously tho, Sam Neill was really good, but didnt have nearly as much comic relief. Also, ive always secretly wanted a hybrid Fly/Jurassic Park film where Goldblum gradually transforms into a dinosaur.

You lie! Seriously tho, Sam Neill was really good, but didnt have nearly as much comic relief. Also, ive always secretly wanted a hybrid Fly/Jurassic Park film where Goldblum gradually transforms into a dinosaur.

Now this I may watch.

Jeff Goldblum is the best character in any film he is in.
FACT.

Jeff Goldblum is the best character in any film he is in.
FACT.

Except for the movies that he did with Christopher Walken. Walken>Goldblum
OPINION.

I acutally putt with a pair of these (identical RDG goldblum stamped SS wizards). I was playing a round with some local guys and one of the dudes thought my name was Jeff because when I'd miss a putt, I'd say "c'mon Jeff!" or "Thats it, Jeff" if it was a long putt. It helps when you can blame Jeff Goldblum for your bad play.

I watched the Cardinals vs Giants game today. JG was at the game. They showed him sitting down in his seat several times throughout the broadcast. He sat with the crowd too which it is always nice to see a celebrity sitting amongst your average fans.

We like to produce stamps that are a little bit different than what the rest of the DG community does. Goldblum was just a silly little stamp we did as he's the best character from Jurassic Park (highly Reptilian film).

Cool. I like your Gandalph, Goldblum stamps. :) I've had similar ideas for some other products (shirts, etc) , but balked at the copyright license costs because I assumed they were expensive. If you don't mind, how much does it cost to license these images and who do you go through to actually license the content? Thx for any help.

Cool. I like your Gandalph, Goldblum stamps. :) I've had similar ideas for some other products (shirts, etc) , but balked at the copyright license costs because I assumed they were expensive. If you don't mind, how much does it cost to license these images and who do you go through to actually license the content? Thx for any help.

We don't pay to license them....

Its a fear of mine but I'm just going to let it ride until we get a cease request. Lol.

I try to avoid infring ideas but some of them are just too good to pass up ; )

We don't pay to license them....

Its a fear of mine but I'm just going to let it ride until we get a cease request. Lol.

I try to avoid infring ideas but some of them are just too good to pass up ; )

I was curious about this and looked around the great expanse of the Internet for a few...
very confusing topic... but anyway, seems to be very clear in California
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=civ&group=03001-04000&file=3344-3346

there was also some mention that if the image is completely original and not a copy from a copyrighted image nor a derivative work from a copyrighted image then you would own the copyright to this new image that you created... but then it goes off into trademarking of someone's image... some celebrities will trademark their own image and could bring suit against someone using their likeness for financial gain...