• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jenkins/McBeth forehand (this is why we can't have nice things)

The wind up with any throw has one purpose -- timing the weight shift.

For some players it helps put the body in powerful athletic positions and provides a confident routine. For others it's useless.

Last edited:

For some players it helps put the body in powerful athletic positions and provides a confident routine. For others it's useless.

I'd say that's the improvement I saw. The upward motion of it starts at the same time as my first step. I've been having the best luck with Paul's upward swing to "pointing", then a more flat/on-angle backswing.

I like how you simplify things and look at it from an athletic standpoint. That's honestly what's allowed me to get my distance and form to where it is without playing very long, trusting my athleticism and using it.

Honestly the wind up on any shot whether it's FH, BH, or OH is primarily for one thing; to promote a consistent throw every single time. Think of their windup just like a putt routine.

Latest posts