• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

The issue for me, with the putting contests, is that the 'putts they set up' never happen on a course. Okay, cool, you are putting from a trampoline...when was the last time you putted from a trampoline during a round? I watch the Jomez practice and live round coverages to see how pros tackle a course. What do they do when they have to scramble? What do they do when the weather is bad? What do they do when they have a low ceiling, narrow gap, mandos?

Isn't the whole point of the putting games to be ridiculous and a break from the normal course stuff? Sure, it's not for everyone but it's like complaining about the dunk contest. No one is dunking over a car in a game, but I still want to see it.

Isn't the whole point of the putting games to be ridiculous and a break from the normal course stuff? Sure, it's not for everyone but it's like complaining about the dunk contest. No one is dunking over a car in a game, but I still want to see it.

That could be their reasoning....but for me....it's not what I want to see. If I was into basketball, I wouldn't want to see the dunking over a car or using a trampoline. Give me regular dunking, but measure from where the feet left the floor.

First off, I enjoy it because it makes for a good background while doing other things. BUT it does need some 'sizzle' or at least changing things up besides just the venue.

Like what, you ask? Here are some ideas!
- 4-5 short holes blindfolded with a buddy for your caddy
- draw a dartboard-like pattern on the ground with the basket as the bullseye and play 301 or similar
- H-O-R-S-E but from outside 150 to the 5-foot bullseye instead of in the basket
- more bonus side games like "guess the mold" or "who shot X at Y major" for $10 or to win an extra throw

First off, I enjoy it because it makes for a good background while doing other things. BUT it does need some 'sizzle' or at least changing things up besides just the venue.

- draw a dartboard-like pattern on the ground with the basket as the bullseye and play 301 or similar
- H-O-R-S-E but from outside 150 to the 5-foot bullseye instead of in the basket
- more bonus side games like "guess the mold" or "who shot X at Y major" for $10 or to win an extra throw

While it isn't putting games, I would watch a round of them playing RIPT Revenge. I seem to recall a round they did where dice chose their discs/throw and that was interesting.

I've played a couple of rounds of RIPT Revenge and found it to be fun. I now carry two decent throwing minis with me for playing RIPT Revenge, since there is a card that requires you to throw a mini for a tee shot. I carry two in case we are playing doubles RIPT Revenge, then my partner also has a throwing mini.

I've never played the dice game, but it would be interesting to see how pros handle throwing a disc/throw combination that they normally wouldn't throw in the situation. For example, they have a shot where they would normally throw a fairway driver forehand, but the dice say a midrange thumber.

a buddy of mine and I sometimes toss a coin to throw long/short teepees, so sometimes we're throwing from different ones. it usually averages out about equal and it changes strategy.

a buddy of mine and I sometimes toss a coin to throw long/short teepees, so sometimes we're throwing from different ones. it usually averages out about equal and it changes strategy.

I like the change to uDisc, where if a course has the Smart Layout option you can create your 'own course'.

So, if I understand how it works, you and your buddy could flip the coin ahead of time, then use Smart Layout to create a Zontar Course, or whatever you wanted to name it.

There are some local courses where we alternate who gets to choose the teepad. Not long/short, but actually creating your own for the hole wherever you want. That's pretty fun.

I like the change to uDisc, where if a course has the Smart Layout option you can create your 'own course'.

So, if I understand how it works, you and your buddy could flip the coin ahead of time, then use Smart Layout to create a Zontar Course, or whatever you wanted to name it.

In my short time using UDisc, this creates problems. As a traveling player, pulling up a course you have never played before and finding 39 different layouts is maddening. 35 of them never to be played again.

It is. Or so I thought. I enjoy them in the disc golf barren times up in WI. Not sure what the actual problem is here...

In my short time using UDisc, this creates problems. As a traveling player, pulling up a course you have never played before and finding 39 different layouts is maddening. 35 of them never to be played again.

^ This, in spades.

I don't want to discourage anyone from playing whatever layout they want to play. But as a traveller, I basically want to play some "normal" version of the course, (be it short to short, short to long, long to short, or long to long), going through the course once. I might even mix and match a few if I find it looks interesting at the time. But I don't want save my customized round as a layout for everyone.

I get that locals may play a plethora of various layouts, some involving playing the course (or even just some of the holes) a 2nd time.

IMHO, those funky, modified layouts should be saved as part of the user's profile, so they can select it when they get to the course.

But adding a bunch of invented layouts that go counter to what the course signage indicates is confusing as hell. Some courses have do many "layouts," you have no idea which one you might want to play.

I can keep score with a pencil. The only reason I really use U-Disc is to help navigate unfamilar courses. The more difficult that becomes, the less I'm going to use it.

Last edited:
There are some local courses where we alternate who gets to choose the teepad. Not long/short, but actually creating your own for the hole wherever you want. That's pretty fun.

This is especially fun while playing WOLF.

I can understand that....if someone creates a 'personal' course, they should name it in a way that others know it isn't the normal course or delete it when they are done.

^ This, in spades.

I don't want to discourage anyone from playing whatever layout they want to play. But as a traveller, I basically want to play some "normal" version of the course, (be it short to short, short to long, long to short, or long to long), going through the course once. I might even mix and match a few if I find it looks interesting at the time. But I don't want save my customized round as a layout for everyone.

I get that locals may play a plethora of various layouts, some involving playing the course (or even just some of the holes) a 2nd time.

IMHO, those funky, modified layouts should be saved as part of the user's profile[\B], so they can select it when they get to the course.

But adding a bunch of invented layouts that go counter to what the course signage indicates is confusing as hell. Some courses have do many "layouts," you have no idea which one you might want to play.

I can keep score with a pencil. The only reason I really use U-Disc is to help navigate unfamilar courses. The more difficult that becomes, the less I'm going to use it.

That bolded idea is a great one....maybe uDisc will find a way to have that happen. It would have to be shareable with others, so if I'm playing a personal layout and have three friends along, I need to be able to add them to the scorecard and they need to be able to see the course on their device.

How bout an old fashioned game of guts? Climo/Stokely and McBeth/Brodie could be the first two matches...and throw Nikko in there against...anyone.

My friend and I used to play a version of this in a regulation batting cage...but with distance drivers. If the disc hit the opposite fence, score a point. Audible yelps of pain were two points. Blood was three.

That's a good one, but it would have to be guts with a Koi or Glitch probably. Besides the 'no injuries' aspect, it'd make for some crazy slo-mez's.

The main reason I'm watching the putting game videos is that it is there. This last one, in the bar, I felt like they shouldn't be throwing discs in a bar, like they might break something (probably the old man in me). Maybe they should have been using Blowflys.
When the next one pops up in my que, I will likely watch it. Again, because there probably isn't anything else to watch.
Now we are approaching the beginning of the 2023 season and once the All-Star event starts up, watching these lame putting game videos will be a low priority.

Big news for Jomez today -

DGPT Announces 2023 Post-Production Media Plan

January 31, 2023: The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) is pleased to announce its post-production media plans for the 2023 season. In addition to continuing coverage of MPO1, JomezPro will also cover FPO1 for the 2023 season. The DGPT is also pleased to continue its partnership with Gatekeeper Media which will cover MPO2. The Tour also welcomes Ace Run Pro as a year-long media partner to cover FPO2 at Elite Events and Majors.

https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/2023-post-pro-media-plan/?fbclid=IwAR0repViH-B_SkWFbJPeN8ED8ufb3s-vshTJMAJaTH_KCJrYo8uvkdlIEi0

Jomez's FPO coverage of the Las Vegas Challenge is getting about the same viewership numbers as the average screw-around video from Foundation.

With Jomez's DGPT contract up for renewal next year, I wonder if MPO will go fully behind the paywall next season (or get like a one-week delay) and FPO will become Jomez's main public offering.

Latest posts