• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Juliana Korver - In the Bag

I'm such a fan, and this was a really welcome surprise. I hope Juliana decides to play more tournaments this year. She looks to be in phenomenal shape.

Nice video, and cool to see a classic hyzerflipper. I met someone recently who still had a nice stash of JK Aviars. Can't be a common thing these days. The Valks have got to be even more rare.

A lot of her discs look very new and clean. As if she had put up a completely new bag recently. I'd like to see her more in tournaments!

A lot of her discs look very new and clean.

same ol' marketing from Innova in the bags. the most painful to watch was her pulling the Mako3 out. it was almost as bad as Brinster's brand spankin' new Mako3 he pulled after showing us his 10+ year Roc cycle.

As an Advanced Senior Grandmaster, I get so much more out of an ITB like this than I do from a current male pro. I really identify with her finesse style of play, especially the hyzer flip! Thanks for sharing, Halcon!

same ol' marketing from Innova in the bags. the most painful to watch was her pulling the Mako3 out. it was almost as bad as Brinster's brand spankin' new Mako3 he pulled after showing us his 10+ year Roc cycle.

So this is all bull?

Love her bag. Does this mean I can go back to my plans and get myself a G* Tern? :D
Also the kite might be what I get for a hyzerflip mid!

I saw brinster play some local NY tournies in 2014-2015 and he threw that mako3 (Proto star I think).

He also had some other surprising discs like mcpro roc3 and c line PD2 (replacement for those 1st run xcals). The one disc that he throws a ton and you wouldn't know it from his ITB is destroyers. He's got a full cycle of destroyers.

I figured he threw that mako3 in the cold to avoid breaking his rocs, but he threw it at some summer tournies too.

As an Advanced Senior Grandmaster, I get so much more out of an ITB like this than I do from a current male pro. I really identify with her finesse style of play, especially the hyzer flip! Thanks for sharing, Halcon!

Totally agree. First, thanks to Halcón for posting the video. And thanks to JK and Innova for making the video.

It was an interesting bag, a mix of the (very) old and the (very) new. A female DGer I know got a Star Kite and she liked it a lot. I have a couple of Star Coyotes, and while I don't carry them all the time, they're very good mids (and I think they're OOP :( ). Someone on the thread was complalining about the Mako3 in JK's and Brinster's bags as Innova advertising, but I'm not sure that's a fair comment... I would also wonder if Paul McBeth bagging a Mako3 is just "Innova advertising" (nope).

Now if only we can get JK to ask Innova for a run of Star TL3s... :) :popcorn:

Last, but not least, I got the feeling that JK only carries Valks now because they were her sig disc in the past. Looks like she's rocking other discs now, including the Terns...

I find it interesting how there really isn't anything overstable besides the forgotten destroyer, which is questionable in G Star.

I'd like to be able to hyzer flip flippy discs into the wind...

I've seen JK out on my local course a couple of times recently and there is no mistaking her. She has a very distinct, graceful throw, but man does that disc rip out of her hand!

I think DGCR could learn a collective lesson from this ITB.

As true as that may be, the Mako3 is a great disc and more people should give it a chance.

I find it interesting how there really isn't anything overstable besides the forgotten destroyer, which is questionable in G Star.

I'd like to be able to hyzer flip flippy discs into the wind...

Just remember that a Destoyer for some people may act like a Firebird does for you. Not everyone has the arm speed to get a Destroyer to do anything more than be a meathook (even a Gstar, which she probably throws very rarely, so it retains its stability).

Just remember that a Destoyer for some people may act like a Firebird does for you. Not everyone has the arm speed to get a Destroyer to do anything more than be a meathook (even a Gstar, which she probably throws very rarely, so it retains its stability).

Yep. I actually took the Fireball out of the bag and replaced it with a Tesla. And even that hasn't been thrown in a few rounds. Unless you're playing in higher winds, or see many holes that need hook shots, you don't need that much beef.

Latest posts