• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just got a larger bag - BUY MOAR DISCS!

aevew

Bogey Member
Just doing this for fun... I recently happened upon a cheap larger bag, so I have room for discs that used to live in the garage. I'm actually not one to purchase a ton of discs (I permanently "borrow" from the bf, and have been told to keep most of the discs I've found on the course) but I am willing to go buy something that would fill a hole in my current setup.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: About 10 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, can FH shorter shots but not drives
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for driver: In the park 225/250, on the course 215/230

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: Female
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: used to toss an ultrastar around w/ ultimate-playing bf
Additional info: My hands aren't tiny - I know some ladies have issues gripping drivers, but that's a non-issue for me.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I don't usually get to a shot and think "I wish I had xyz disc"... actually, I feel like I have more than I need. But I do think my bag is very speed 9 heavy. I'm still searching for a putter to fall in love with.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Given my skill level, are there any glaring gaps or redundancies?
Immediate and long-term goals: Long term I'd like to increase my distance, but for now I just want to have the right discs to get out of trouble when I inevitably get into it.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 GStar Thunderbird (lightly used) - overstable/headwind, downhill FH drives
175 EliteX Stratus (used) - annys/used where others would FH drive, wooded holes where I want some glide
175 GStar Sidewinder (lightly used) - drives where there are no right-hand risks
175 DX Viking (beat) - main driver on straighter shots, light wind driver
170 EliteX XL (used) - main driver when viking doesn't feel quite right, downhill drives
169 DX Teebird (extremely beat) - former main driver, used for arcing around obstacles and shorter FH shots
170 Champ Leopard (used) - former main driver, now used for annys, wooded holes where I want some glide, second shots if I'm just under 200' away
171 Pro Leopard (new) - I think I have thrown this disc 3 times total? I bought it when I chucked my other leopard in a river. When the other leopard was returned, this one stopped going in my bag.

Mids:
174 KC Pro Roc (used/beat?) - main approach disc if it feels a bit too far to approach with a putter, hyzer flip practice
168 DX Roc (new) - this disc hasn't been in my bag until now because it didn't fit.
178 EliteX Buzzz (used) - shorter straightish drives? I don't use this very often

Putters:
173 Electron Atom (new) - most recent main putter... I think I like it?
174 Eraser Wizard (beat) - up until last week, this was my main putter, now used for anny approach shots and weird vertical shots that turn into short rollers when I'm trying to get out of the woods (I don't really know how to describe them... everyone gets a super puzzled look when I throw these shots, but they work out for me)
176 Prime Judge (beat) - first-ever putter, used for placement drives and some hyzer approach shots
170 DX? Rhyno (used) - hasn't been in my bag for a while due to space, but it had been my go-to disc for 50-100' placement shots

Okay, after typing that all out, I feel like I am just making up reasons for using some of those discs. Honestly, a lot of the time I judge whether I'll use a disc based on how I'm feeling that day. But aside from my silly reasons for using certain discs, what do you think of my bag? What would you add? What would you get rid of?

Last edited:
I recently tried a Vibram (the overstable Lace) in the high 160s - A+; would recommend. Got anything like that on hand?

If you haven't found the putter you like yet, you should at least try an Aviar p&a. It's a classic and has been around forever. With a little use, it is a very neutral putter with enough glide to hit looooooong putts but not so much you go 40' far when you miss.

JLS is a great driver, easy to throw and works on hyzer and anhyzer.

Latest posts