• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just venting

Lol it took me all of 5 minutes to tape that and upload it. I was out in the field anyway ;)

Granted I've only been playing for about a year and half but I have made some incremental progress over that time.

For me, it's never been one day I just figured something out and it becomes a permanent improvement. It's always been a back and forth where I have the round of my life and think I have something figured out followed by a few rounds where I feel like I've lost that progress and must have just been lucky that day, repeat that a few times where the good rounds slowly start to out number the bad ones and after a few weeks whatever it was a I learned that first round finally begins to become permanent.

To the OP to get this thread back on track, I know exactly what you mean by having trouble finding "it'. I max out at ~ 400' but I know I can get over 500'. I've been working on trying to throw slightly nose down with success in throwing nose down but too far down. I don't like hyzerflipping as my timing is not as good as it used to be. Definitely keep at it and your distance will improve. I was stuck at 250' but over a week of field work I added 50'. I slowly worked up to plateauing at 320' until this spring where I just worked on form and ended up throwing 400' for the first time with a Star Tern in May. Later that week I was gifted a Pre-Avery Destroyer which I threw later that day for 400' and ended up birdieing a 567' par 4 much to the surprise of my card-mates. Unfortunately I sliced my little finger at the beginning of August that set me back to 350' and I worked back to my 400'. Without that injury I probably would've cracked 450' by now, it did however benefit my FH.

Sorry for my rant but I don't like when threads that start out helpful end up getting blown off course by something that is only somewhat relevant.

^Agreed.

...but still, can someone pleeeeease tell me how i get my dgcr account title to read:

"Official Member of the Noodle Arm Brigade of Low Test Masters"

Thank you. Its an honor. :hfive: :D

Latest posts