• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just venting

I am saying that absent extenuating circumstances (beat to snot discs, insane headwind, etc) it is impossible to flip a fairway driver or faster without OAT at 270' power.

Tell that to a relay, which I have also thrown 350+ so it's not what I'd call "flippy". Or a river, or really any understable fairway. My champ leopard3 turns at 250 and it's 170+ grams and almost brand new. And I throw putters over 300 so I don't have OAT

. And I throw putters over 300 so I don't have OAT

Sure thing buddy, as if you can't learn to throw putters far with OAT.

And wtf are you throwing leos 270' for when you throw putters muh 300 feet? Sounds like bullcrap my friend.

Look this isn't brain science. Distance is a function of disc speed,, spin, and launch angle. Turn is a function of disc speed and OAT. Maxing out at 270' indicates a geriatric level of disc speed. Which of course means that turn only happens with OAT.

Unless you guys have magical ways to make a disc turn without disc speed and without OAT. Have we Jedi among us?

I throw putters over 300' but regularly throw buzzz, Teebird, and Leo3 on holes under 300'. Do you disc golf SonicGuy? I sure do get flip on sub 300' throws with Cheetahs and Leo3 with a clean release.

I am saying that absent extenuating circumstances (beat to snot discs, insane headwind, etc) it is impossible to flip a fairway driver or faster without OAT at 270' power.

I think it is impossible for a statement like this to be true 100% of the time.

In your world does "flip" exclude being able to throw an anhyzer shot?
Are you saying even lightweight plastics won't flip (turn) for weaker throwers without OAT?

In my experience, turn or turnover can easily accomplished by a weak thrower (like me) without any OAT. I don't throw over 300 feet, but I can absolutely, positively throw a turnover shot or a hyzer flip shot with Fairways and Drivers like the Leopard, Valkyrie, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Beast, Mamba, Shryke or Katana just to name a few. These are not beat in discs or DX discs, these are ordinary lightweight Champion and Star disc models that have a turn rating of 5 or more (except Valk Turn is only 4).

SonicGuy, Go pick up a 170g Fury, throw it 270. Watch it turn like crazy, then smash yourself in the face with the disc until your brain works right.

I don't mean to be a troll or insistent but I'm still gonna grab a couple understable fairways (I don't have any super flippy ones but I have slightly US ones) and shoot a vid of me on a 275 foot hole today. Just for funzies I'll throw my Ion on the same hole to show I'm no OAT eater. I have a local player I play with who maxes out less than 300 and throws US drivers on hyzer flips and turnovers.... it just doesn't make sense to me that SG says you have to have OAT to flip a driver at 270

I don't mean to be a troll or insistent but I'm still gonna grab a couple understable fairways (I don't have any super flippy ones but I have slightly US ones) and shoot a vid of me on a 275 foot hole today. Just for funzies I'll throw my Ion on the same hole to show I'm no OAT eater. I have a local player I play with who maxes out less than 300 and throws US drivers on hyzer flips and turnovers.... it just doesn't make sense to me that SG says you have to have OAT to flip a driver at 270

I really don't understand how you can fail to understand it. I guess you do have the noodle arm brigade of low test masters players behind you...

Riddle me this. If you don't have enough disc speed to break 270', and have no OAT, what magical force are you using to get turn on that disc? Seriously, please point me to the force causing the flip.

I really don't understand how you can fail to understand it. I guess you do have the noodle arm brigade of low test masters players behind you...

Riddle me this. If you don't have enough disc speed to break 270', and have no OAT, what magical force are you using to get turn on that disc? Seriously, please point me to the force causing the flip.

I'm not gonna argue about OAT... you saw the proxy (putter) throw right before the leopard.

Latest posts