• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Thought I'd drop a couple pics of my main Berg K3 next to a new one.
Estimate about a thousand chain hits with this one... result is a lot of marking up but hardly any damage.
Only actual damage damage is a few small punctures from driving it into thorns.
These season up slowly, but get better and better feeling as they go.
Kind of like how Wizards season and get velvety feeling.
Great plastic.

I do feel like as throwers the K2 has more glide but will double check them against each other tomorrow and get back.

Yeah, I feel like the K3 really drops out of the air... the flight plate is very different after all.
When I miss with the K3 its usually too low.
Every other putter feels way more floaty than the K3.
But I haven't really been throwing K2 for a couple months so let me check my memory to be sure.

Last edited:
Alright, I had these both out for a bunch of putting practice today, along with multiple other putters to compare.

Happy to report K2 and K3 fly pretty much exactly the same.
K3 is maybe a hair less stable (1.5 vs 2), but not really noticeable when putting and drives with both plastics all dropped within a 10ft area of each other. I can get both out to the 200-225 range, like advertised, but both stop pretty much in the same place.

I forgot how much I liked the K2 feel, and since its getting cooler out, I think I'm going to make K2 my dedicated putter and use the K3 for practice. Its funny how they have different flight plates and feel, but fly the same, so when practice putting it was easy enough to throw a couple K3 then transition to K2 with no issue.

In terms of other putters, its not that they are more "floaty" like I said above... its just that they are faster.
I putted with Proxys, Scales, Serpents, and Wizards today, too, and the Berg performed better for me.
Less misses to either side or overshooting, but thats also probably due to using it for the past 3 months, so grain of salt.
I'm spin putting so having to put a bit behind these Bergs, which I like, but when I transition to other putters, they take off a bit more out of the hand for me now.
Stickin' with the Berg.

So I bought a Berg...
What an odd mold.

The rim profile is very similar to a lid with it's broad, beadless wing. The thumb track is exceptionally comfortable both BH and FH. The plastic is amazing & the profile is unique.

In flight the Berg is a whole other breed...
The combination of immense HSS coupled with a moderate fade make this a fantastically rangable PnA disc. I bag Scales & Serpents now and the Berg is about as in between the two discs as you could imagine.

I won't say the Berg is a sexy flying mold. You'll never win a distance contest with this super slow flying PnA. But if you like being a little different, throwing slow discs & can appreciate a comfy thumb track, the Berg may be something you'd be very interested in.

From my testing I'm going to rate it 1.5, 3, 0, 2
Slower than a Scale, bit more glide, no turn ever & a moderate, yet reliable fade. Not necessary to bag for me but I think I'm going to. Its just fun to throw, flick & putt with. Good work Kataplast!

LOL... I see you fell in to temptation!
Didn't I say the Berg was right between Scale and Serp?
Nice to see some love for the Berg!

I love the berg. Its been in my fun bag a while. Now its working its way into my main bag. I am messing with some k3 as well as my k2. They do seem to fly very similar for how different the flight plate is shaped. The K3 feels shallower. It may become my main putter. Although it drops out of the air quickly it really doesnt move right to left much, which is great for me, my most common missed put is high spin outs.

The Berg is a curious mold to say the least. I am enamored with its flight, shape, purpose & use. It is incredibly slow flying but the stability is just fantastic. I am starting to love having this thing in my bag for all kinds of odd shots. I feel really comfortable throwing it both FH & BH, and, like the Scale, it is supremely reliable when it comes to a reliable drop.

I decided to take some "glamour shots" to highlight the unique shape of this disc. If you have some extra paypal and want to purchase a disc that is unlike anything else out there... the Berg is guranteed investment in the "fun disc" category.
(Sorry for the MASSIVE images...)

BEp76DA.jpg

FdQ1HH9.jpg

cqGREZU.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Bergs flight love the plastic and the idea, but I cannot gel with the feel. My hand wraps around it and says no.

Unlike a Harp or scale where the feel just screamed yes.

Please tell me that boob top berg pic is a joke,or atleast one of the freaks. That was a very disheartening pic of something i wanted to try, from a competing company's spokesman.

Please tell me that boob top berg pic is a joke,or atleast one of the freaks. That was a very disheartening pic of something i wanted to try, from a competing company's spokesman.

The K1's & K2's have that dome in the center. The K3's are referred to as the "Flat Top Berg" because it doesn't have that rise.

I too prefer flat topped discs (RDG's putters are all super flat) but I honestly thing that the dome on the Berg doesn't get in the way of feel at all. The thumb track is quite wide and accommodating for both BH & FH grips.

Don't let the dome dishearten you! I love Kastaplast and I think you will too if you give the Berg a chance :thmbup:

Thanks jc. Good info. Didn't realize they were thumb tracked. I was under three impression it was a puddle top with a tall shoulder.

I was under three impression it was a puddle top with a tall shoulder.

Thats the K3 plastic (see my pics a few post back of the red K3s)
The k1 and 2 have that big dome, so give the impression of a thumb track.

The Berg is rapidly becoming my most thrown fan grip upshot disc.

The scale & serpent are great at what they do but I love the super slow flight of the Berg. Its easy to fan grip and throw it right at my target.

Also the K2 plastic is the best plastic ever for hitting a tree and dying. No huge tree kicks with this on an errant throw.

All this Berg talk made me break out my K2. For a disc with no bead and lid slow it is crazy HSS.

The Berg is rapidly becoming my most thrown fan grip upshot disc.

The scale & serpent are great at what they do but I love the super slow flight of the Berg. Its easy to fan grip and throw it right at my target.

Also the K2 plastic is the best plastic ever for hitting a tree and dying. No huge tree kicks with this on an errant throw.

Think we'll ever see some hot, nasty RDG stamped Bergs?

Latest posts