• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

^ lol. Watched every vid I could last night w the Berg in it, incl just scrolling through tourney play, and it seems that folks consistently expect it to fade back and it just continues straight and drops dead ahead like its on rails (when thrown flat, that is). Possibly straighter than the Serpent...

Honestly if I had to rate it, it'd be like...

1/1.5/.5/.5

Super interesting disc. Very little glide, great HSS, very little fade.

My 175g k2 turquoise numbers would be something like
1.5, 1.75, 0, 1.75
It works great and have hit a 75 footer and 80-90 footer after the first week. Inside the circle I will stick with my omega as the berg likes to bounce off the chains for me.

Ermagerd. Can't wait to get out on the course with these later.
They feel amazing.

I gotta get one. Any experience with Bergs of different weights?

Finally received mine yesterday and got a chance to throw it. Its a beefy little bastard but it feels very comfy in the hand. I can see the lack of glide but it's not extremely noticeable . I was throwing it next to my new hyzerbomb tanks and the hss was similar but the berg has a little bit more mss,not much. The tank was always about 20' further but nothing more . Looking forward to some course work with it to see if it will make the bag. If this thing was a little less lss and actually landed straight,I would bag it instantly.

To me. And maybe booster it seems, the berg is definitely on the stable side of things. I really only threw it a couple time (gingerly) and I would compare the berg to the scale, pig and the warspear (gateways beaded OS chief with thumbtack?)

I played a Berg only round on OSU's course.
I typically score around -3 with a handful of discs and got the same score with Berg only.
No bogies. Multiple par saves.

Seems to me it really likes a lot of spin, and its not too hard to deliver as it has avery gyroscopic feel to me. My putting went more to the spin side of things from a normal spush movement.
Spin putters definitely should check out one of these.
I find it to be pretty stable, too, and I like it.
I think Infinite discs rating of 1,3,0,2 is correct.
Its not that a glide of 3 necessarily equates to a ton of distance, but while it is in the air, it does seem very glidey, just slow.

And I was money from everywhere.
I nailed a ton of putts today that I have been missing the past month or so.
Had a couple of nice 50ft-ers drained and got used the to the higher stability than initially expected pretty quickly.

The feel is amazing. I love this plastic.
Releases nicely from the hand with confidence.
It took a few solid tree hits with zero marks on the plastic.

Everything about this disc is great.
Its gyroscopic rim, grippy/gummy feel, the sunken flight plate feel of a Yeti, classy look, etc.
I'm done. This plus a Summit is what i'm carrying.
Finally found exactly what i was looking for.

Last edited:
I will say one of the 4 I got was a little "taco'd" right out of the package.
Doesn't want to bend straight, either, but also didn't seem to be a huge problem in terms of flight.

Well,I've got some rounds in with my berg and I'm not really digging it. Its too os for me to do much of anything other than short hyzer on upshots or a short forehand. Its definitely a brick and won't turn off of a power drive, I don't think it will make the bag. I was really hoping for it to fly closer to a piranha,which has glide but is not as os.

The base plastic berg could be more useful as it breaks in but for now,this goes in the bin.

I had a few preliminary throws with a 172g K2 Berg today. First impression: Feels like a Banger but flies like a gummy Champ Rhyno. Really HSS, not much glide, and more LSS than I was expecting.

Feels really good in a fan grip.

so basically, they don't REALLY fly...?

I want to say no but I haven't thrown it out of the back of a speeding van in dystopian Detroit yet. :\

It's not a total brick, I threw it alongside a Fossil Serpent and a seasoned P-line Breaker and the Breaker seemed like a Buzzz in comparison. I had to throw the Berg on a flex line to get it downrange, it was a lot beefier than I thought it would be.

well the fossil scale (more OS) and breaker I've thrown hardly want to fly at all without some torque. Sounds like these are pretty dang OS which im disappointed with as the rask was intriguing but not anything special.

The plastic is $ but these molds well......

Mine is really gummy too which IME usually makes the disc act more OS than otherwise. I kind of wish I had gotten it in K1 plastic.

I was throwing mine next to my hyzerbomb tanks and I can get those to go straight for a good while before hyzering out. The berg was just slpwer and didn't want to hold straight for long before dying left. It is gummy but it just lacks glide. As stated before though,it's not a complete brick. I had some good shots when thrown with a lot of spin but on just mashing it for drives I'd normally throw a putter,it just didn't get there completely.

The once it seasons in,it'll be a lot nicer but I'm not going to keep throwing it to that point.

And fwiw ,the hb tanks are nice and mildly os like rhynos,I can throw those on power drives with no turn but they'll go straight .

I got a round in with mine today. It is lid-like in one aspect, when it slows down, it slows down fast. I shorted a couple of my approaches waiting for glide that never came. It strikes me as a niche disc excelling at hit-and-stick approaches requiring loads of HSS, it feels great in a fan-grip. It was fun to FH too but the rim is taking getting used-to, I tended to release late.

I'd be curious how stiff, lighter ones or a base one fly. It might resemble more of a conventional golf disc. This rim is crazy, I don't know if anyone has posted a profile pic but if they haven't I will.

Latest posts