• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Järn

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
The Järn was approved today, what do you specs people have to say about it? I never bothered to be analytical with them even after all these years.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/jarn

kastaplast_jarn.jpg

Max Weight: 176.8gr
Diameter: 21.3cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 51.50
Flexibility: 9.77kg

i dont know, ive had the soft exo tactic an the rc2. since the rc2 was in a stiffer plastic is was slightly more OS but i found it pretty similar.

I can't keep up, I guess I'm officially old even though I'm in my early 30s. No idea what a tactic or rc2 is lol

I can't keep up, I guess I'm officially old even though I'm in my early 30s. No idea what a tactic or rc2 is lol

The Tactic is basically Discmania's answer to the Zone or Harp. RC2 is the "Razor Claw 2" stamp which is Eagle McMahon's signature edition disc.

And I sympathize with you when people start spouting off with abbreviations.

The Tactic is basically Discmania's answer to the Zone or Harp. RC2 is the "Razor Claw 2" stamp which is Eagle McMahon's signature edition disc.

And I sympathize with you when people start spouting off with abbreviations.

Is Razor Claw 2 the mold or the "name" - think PD is the "Psycho" or whatever

OS "Midrange" is my guess. 1.3 width for the rim indicates it's a little quicker then a Harp or Tactic. I believe a Gator is 1.3 rim as well. Zone is 1.2.

Yep. Razor Claw is just a tactic in fancy plastic with a cool stamp at twice the price of the base model.

exo plastic is pretty average at best. RC2 would last twice as long as a tactic in exo soft prob exo hard too. it is a player disc as well and their always more expensive

'Stål' means 'Steel' in Swedish, 'Järn' means 'Iron'. I'm guessing it's going to fly similar to the Stål. Beef seems most likely

It will be quite fun to hear Americans trying to pronounce "Järn"

Kastaplast is all over the place with the names on their molds. . .but all 4-letter names is cool