• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast Lots

Oh god, if this is OLF stability... I was thinking of revisiting the OLF. I bagged them over a decade ago now and that slot in my bag has been messy lately. Anax and Glidey OLF in K1 may be a perfect pair.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Really interested in this if it's anything like the OLF, specifically the 1.1 run. I can unload my stash.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
1.1s were the era of OLF I used to bag. How do newer runs compare? What trait are you hoping for in the Lots?

1.1s were the era of OLF I used to bag. How do newer runs compare? What trait are you hoping for in the Lots?

My frame of reference for OLFs are the 1.1 and 1.4 SOLFs. 1.4 run is significantly more overstable than the 1.1 run.

IDK I know the Falk has Valkyrie'ish numbers but I found it flippier than most Valks (even like fresh Dx ones). I can kind of see the Lots being a more Valk disc to the Falk's more Sidewinder flight.

*Your experience may vary.

IDK I know the Falk has Valkyrie'ish numbers but I found it flippier than most Valks (even like fresh Dx ones). I can kind of see the Lots being a more Valk disc to the Falk's more Sidewinder flight.

*Your experience may vary.
Sidewinder flight is probably the most stable flight you're going to get out of a Falk. I have 3 and one K1 flys like my beat in Star Roadrunner and the other K1 & glow fly like a new sidewinder.

My Falks will turn with some anny or if I put some stank on them but I find them very easy to throw straight 325' from a standstill. It's my first real experience with an understable disc but I really like them.

Going to try the Lots but I'm guessing it's too much overlap with my already beloved Pro Thunderbirds. Hoping for a minty first run!

Sidewinder flight is probably the most stable flight you're going to get out of a Falk. I have 3 and one K1 flys like my beat in Star Roadrunner and the other K1 & glow fly like a new sidewinder.

Do you see much flight difference from the star-like K1 and the more champ-like k1?

My favorite mold in my favorite plastic? Yes, please!

Really interested in this if it's anything like the OLF, specifically the 1.1 run. I can unload my stash.

Oh god, if this is OLF stability... I was thinking of revisiting the OLF. I bagged them over a decade ago now and that slot in my bag has been messy lately. Anax and Glidey OLF in K1 may be a perfect pair.

Just to temper expectations, Charlie Goodpasture mentioned on FB that the prototype Lots flew like a more stable Falk (going so far as to say it was not as stable as the infamously beefy blue Falk he was launching in TDTM), so unlikely to have the stability of an OLF. While we can dream and even accounting for tweaks between proto and production, I'm expecting it'll be closer to a CD2/Undertaker.

I've got FR and 2nd runs on the way, excited to get some field work in once the weather improves.

Just to temper expectations, Charlie Goodpasture mentioned on FB that the prototype Lots flew like a more stable Falk (going so far as to say it was not as stable as the infamously beefy blue Falk he was launching in TDTM), so unlikely to have the stability of an OLF. While we can dream and even accounting for tweaks between proto and production, I'm expecting it'll be closer to a CD2/Undertaker.

I've got FR and 2nd runs on the way, excited to get some field work in once the weather improves.
Well my favorite OLF is the 1.1 run so I'm not looking for anything super beefy.

Still holding out hope.

Threadjacking to appreciate all the OLF love. People I speak with outside of the DGCR world seldom even know what they are, let alone have thrown one. /derail

I just recently started throwing a Thunderbird and I love them, and brought Valkyries back after a long hiatus. It'd be stupid of me to buy a Lots but man is it tempting...

Just to temper expectations, Charlie Goodpasture mentioned on FB that the prototype Lots flew like a more stable Falk (going so far as to say it was not as stable as the infamously beefy blue Falk he was launching in TDTM), so unlikely to have the stability of an OLF.

I also have a couple of those dark blue Falks. The most stable of them is about as beefy as my beloved 1.2 SOLF. Except it doesn't handle a headwind very well. My hope for the Lots is something close to a beefy Falk - but with better wind fighting ability. If that's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered 3 of the first runs last night at midnight. I wasn't planning on picking any up until I heard some solid reviews but I had a few beers that got the best of me.

I'll post an update when I get a chance to throw them.

Just got confirmation that mine shipped from gggt. Now this damn snow has to disappear.

Received my FR. The wing is halfway between a CD2 and a PD (more convexity than a CD2, not as much as PD). Rim is 1mm narrower than PD, .5 mm narrower than CD2 (using calipers). Shallower rim than both. PDGA definitely got the height of the disc wrong - dome has a heartbeat, basically same height as my RT1.

I'm really excited to throw this.

tried my friends Lots today. heartbeat dome it flew 360 feet slight hyzer and it locked in deadstraight with small fade at the end.

FR marked 170g scales 171.2, noticeably less dome than the 174g marked 175.1 scaled. Latter has an easy heartbeat, the 170 does not. They'll definitely have different amounts of hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally got out to throw my 170g FR last night, and really liked it. WAY more stable than my Falks.

My favorite disc off the shelf is a Pro Thunderbird, straight as an arrow out to 330' with a nice dependable fade FH and BH. Lots is just a hair less HSS, showing a tiny and consistent bit of turn that just results in more forward-penetrating fade. Really seems like a winner.

I'm just starting my field work for the spring, but I'll be comparing it to my Valkyries and Wraiths soon.

Latest posts