[Other] Kastaplast

threevok

Double Eagle Member
Kastaplast: The Definitive, Speculative, Post Truth Thread

I'm committed to an all Kastaplast bag for this season. Really looking forward to the upcoming Guld as the Grim and the GrimX just don't get me max distance in my old age. Also, a stable, un-finicky mid would be nice. Obviously, the plastic is superb, but let's help Kastaplast fill in their lineup. Let's give the little guy a boost. Dang, that Berg is money.

Last edited:
The Kaxe is stable and not finicky at all. The Grym X bombs and the regular Grym is perfect for noodle arms. I think you need to make a visit down to the technique section and see what SW22 can do for you.

I'm committed to an all Kastaplast bag for this season. Really looking forward to the upcoming Guld as the Grim and the GrimX just don't get me max distance in my old age. Also, a stable, un-finicky mid would be nice. Obviously, the plastic is superb, but let's help Kastaplast fill in their lineup. Let's give the little guy a boost. Dang, that Berg is money.

I seen on here somewhere that Latitude will be molding Kastaplast discs going forward. Hopefully they don't screw up the Kasta plastic magic. It is some of the, if not the, best feeling plastic out there. And yeah, the Berg IS money.

I seen on here somewhere that Latitude will be molding Kastaplast discs going forward. Hopefully they don't screw up the Kasta plastic magic. It is some of the, if not the, best feeling plastic out there. And yeah, the Berg IS money.

I would bet a lot of money we lose the Kasta plastic blends now.

IÂ'm committed to an all Kastaplast bag for this season. Really looking forward to the upcoming Guld as the Grim and the GrimX just donÂ't get me max distance in my old age. Also, a stable, un-finicky mid would be nice. Obviously, the plastic is superb, but letÂ's help Kastaplast fill in their lineup. LetÂ's give the little guy a boost. Dang, that Berg is money.

If I were building a Kastaplast only bag and I was over 50 (and I am over 50) I would use the Falk for my workhorse driver, perhaps the Lots. The Falk really is their breakthrough disk, though now eclipsed by peoples love for the Berg. The Grim is just too high speed for my old arm.
As for a not finicky mid have you thrown the Gote? Great disc and works really well with the Svea as a stable/under stable midrange 1-2 punch.

Last edited:

Lat bought an ownership stake in Kasta, but I believe they will not change production and manufacturing. I might be misremembering the story, but I think Kasta remains producing their discs with their plasticsin their factory in Sweden, at least for now.

In other interesting news, Lat has been purchased by outside investors.

A buddy gave me a Kaxe K1 Soft that he had found. That's what got me started on the Kastaplast bandwagon. What a cool disc.

Sounds like you need to disc down and throw putters and mids for awhile. :|

Jk, good to see you posting Threevok

K3 and K1 Bergs pair real well. K3 plastic is so tasty....off the shelf they're less overstable than K1 and yes they hit and stick. They're also my favorite for, "just too far out to putt accurately but I don't want to blow by the basket running this throw in" kinda shots.

I got to feel up a Guld and watch them fly a couple weeks ago. Some sponsored players at HPC. Doesn't seem as stable as destroyers (at least one of them was bagging a destroyer too still) and rim was closer to a ballista pro. Good feeling softish K1 though.

If you want a less touchy Kaxe and don't want to seek older K1, K3 is a bit more stable than even the most stable K1

I got to feel up a Guld and watch them fly a couple weeks ago. Some sponsored players at HPC. Doesn't seem as stable as destroyers (at least one of them was bagging a destroyer too still) and rim was closer to a ballista pro. Good feeling softish K1 though.

If you want a less touchy Kaxe and don't want to seek older K1, K3 is a bit more stable than even the most stable K1

I lost my older desert tan K1 Soft Kaxe because it was desert tan. The translucent yellow K1 replacement is much less stable. The fresh K3 is just right. K1 KakeX would be nice, someday.

I lost my older desert tan K1 Soft Kaxe because it was desert tan. The translucent yellow K1 replacement is much less stable. The fresh K3 is just right. K1 KakeX would be nice, someday.

I have been hoping for KaxeX since before I the reko released. I don't want a beefcake but something with a solid hookup at the end would be awesome. That's where my demons sit for now. My straighter demon flying like an older k1 kaxe.

It's wild how all the molds seem to be getting flippier over time

how are the k3 sveas flying? same as k1 or more stable? i want a svea x

how are the k3 sveas flying? same as k1 or more stable? i want a svea x

I have one K1 Soft and one K3. The K3 is flatter but flies the same for me. The K3 definitely feels better in my grip. It's been so windy here this whole year it's hard to judge for sure.

i noticed the k3 kaxe z seemed a little more overstable than the k1s. was hoping for a tiny bit more stable svea. because im terrible